NOD32 conflicting with program AcqURL

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by Thorz, Dec 29, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Thorz

Thorz Registered Member

Hello everybody, this is my first post.
    I am in the search for a new antivirus program. I have a license of NAV 2004 pro but this and Kaspersky resident monitors (I have tested this one also) are presenting heavy physical memory use when burning a CD or DVD with big files (700MB) in Nero burning Rom or BAO.
    I am testing NOD32 and have downloaded the trial version. I have updated it and it appears to be working ok, except for one problem. I have the URL manager called AcqURL more than 3 years ago and has never presented any problem with any antivirus, but NOD32 AMON is affecting it badly. The problem is the following:
    When you resize AcqURL, or make any change to its interface the program records this in the INI file acq.ini. Always when AMON is enabled, it interfeeres with this process and when I am closing AcqURL I ger the message "Cannot open file D:\Acqurl\Acq.ini" or the message "Exception EFOOpenError in module AcqURL.exe at 00011FFD. Cannot open file D:\Acqurl\Acq.ini.". The problem is solved disabling AMON. I have tested this several times, restarting the machine (Windows XP pro, 1GB Ram, P4 3Ghz hyperthreading ennabled) and reinstalling AcqURL.

Can anybody give me a hand here? I have already reported the issue to AcqURL developer http://www.acqurl.com

Thank you very much

2. sir_carew

sir_carew Registered Member

Hi,
    Try to put the folder of this program in the exclude zone of AMON. Go to control center-resident modules and filters-AMON-Settings-Exclude-And put the folder of AcqUrl.
    Maybe this will fix your issue.

3. Thorz

Thorz Registered Member

This is a good idea, but what can be the reason for this conflict? I have never experienced something like this with the other AVs that I have tested before.

4. sir_carew

sir_carew Registered Member

Hello,
    I hope this will fix the issue.
    I know that NOD is incompatible for example with spamfighter, and I contacted ESET about this issue.
    It's recommended that you explain this issue with all possible details and send it directly to ESET, or post here.

5. Thorz

Thorz Registered Member

The crazy thing is that the support for my contry address doesn't work support@eurosecure.com, it returns me a server error. I have used the online form for the USA customers. Lets see if they care about the people. The AV is very good and it is the obly one that doesn't hug my system while using Nero. Kaspersky and NAV 2004 do this :(

6. Paul Wilders

Paul Wilders Administrator

Thorz,

The support at eurosecure.com does function. I've just emailed support pointing them to this thread without any problems.

regards.

paul

7. Thorz

Thorz Registered Member

This is the feil msg that I get:

Unknown user: support at scandsecure.se

I don't know why the server answer this if I am sending to the other email address. Anyway, I have sent it again from another account.

8. Paul Wilders

Thorz,

I'm in the dark here as well. All I can say is, the email to support@eurosecure.com did not bounce or conflicted.

Keep me posted.

regards.

paul

9. Paul Wilders

Thorz,

You've got a reply in the meanwhile from eurosecure - and all has been done and dealt with - correct?

As for your initial mailing problem: eurosecure.co, has some temp email server problems. This will be taken care of in the near future.

regards.

paul

10. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Hi Thorz,

I tried installing AcqURL and didn't notice any problems except that the program behaves in an unusual way. I found out that it attempts to access the ini file whenever you resize its window which makes AMON to scan it quite many times (even without AMON enabled, the window jitters while resizing the window).

11. Thorz

Thorz Registered Member

I have an answer from Tech department Paul Wilders, you are right. I paste the contents of the email here:

"When you resize AcqURL, or make any change to its interface the program
    > records this in the INI file acq.ini. Always when AMON is enabled, it
    > interfeeres with this process and when I am closing AcqURL I ger the
    > message "Cannot open file D:\Acqurl\Acq.ini" or the message "Exception

That's a bad programming habit.. writing it to the file all the time.
    However, the simplest solution for this would be to exclude that
    specific file in the AMON settings. This should solve your problem,
    and should not lower your security."

I have to say that I don't agree with the comment "bad programming habit" There are quite a lot of programs that write to ini files, and none of the other virus scanners that I have tried in the last 3 years have presented this kind of conflict (NAV 2000-2004, Kaspersky).

12. Paul Wilders

Thorz,

See the comment from Marcos above. Our main goal - amongst others - is solving issues at hand in regard to NOD32, and obviously the issue has been solved.

Wther or not you do agree on comments conerning other software programming is quite a different story ;)

regards.

paul

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.