NOD32 compromised

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by millview, Jun 6, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. millview

millview Registered Member

NOD32 has been running happily on my main computer for some time, but yesterday I noticed that it was not running. It seems a virus has got through into my system! I have tried repairing the NOD32 installation, and delting and reinstalling, but the install program fails when 'starting services'. The computer is running XP. I have also discovered that regidit no longer works either. I have to say that I am not very impressed there is something out there that has been able to disable NOD32, but is there a solution to get bit running again?

2. JohnnyDollar

JohnnyDollar Guest

Just to save you time go ahead and post all of your specs. xp with what service pack, x86 or x64, which version of nod32, etc.

3. JuliusB

JuliusB Registered Member

It is possible that malware has compromised NOD32.
    That's is why NOD32 v4 has new self protection features.

4. millview

millview Registered Member

XP running with all latest updates - v3 of NOD32 I guess...

5. mkuntic

mkuntic Registered Member

There will always be "something out there that is able to disable NOD32", or any other product for the matter.

You yourself, for example, by deinstalling it.

Use your computer as it was meant to be used - thru a standard user account.

6. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

There is no one software that can protect you or me from what is out there. Above all you need common sense. With all said, the imperative is to get rid of malware now on your machine so visit one of the sites mentioned at the bottom of the post
    https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=42148

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.