NOD32 Center not autoloading at startup

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by Peugot, May 27, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Peugot

Peugot Registered Member

After using NOD32 for a number of years with no problems, several processes have stopped automatically loading when I boot up my computer. They are:- NOD32 Control Center, Winpatrol, MS Antispyware, and the automatic logon to my Telstra Bigpond broadband connection.

The worry is that, all these, with the exception of the broadband logon, are security programs.

I wonder what could have caused them all to go missing at the same time. They do not show in the system tray until I restart them manually.

A scan shows no apparent virus. The PC seems to run without any problems.

i) Is there some known malware that specifically stops security programs from auto loading at startup?

ii) Can I get them to auto load again without uninstalling and reloading

Currently, I start them manually each time I boot up. But this is not satisfactory as I could forget.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. zashita

zashita Registered Member

Hello Peugot,

Can you try this, to see if you can restart all application at startup:

Run the following command:
    start -> run -> 'msconfig'
    This will open a new window.
    In the last tag (startup), look at the applications which are launched in startup. Maybe your applications are desactivated ....

Regards

3. pykko

pykko Registered Member

Yes, this is my oppinion also zashita. Also u may look to Control Panel->Administrative Tools->Services. Check there if NOD32 is set to start automatically. ;)

4. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

Hi Peugot, welcome to Wilders.

Have you just installed the new version of Nod32?

Do you use a Router for connecting to Bigpond?

Are you using Bigpond Login Client and if so are you using the latest version?

Cheers :D

5. Peugot

Peugot Registered Member

Thanks for the replies.

Zashita, none of the applications appear in the startup tag of msconfig so they cannot be activated.

pykko, I also looked under Control Panel>Administrative Tools>Services and NOD32 Kernal Startup Type = Automatic (But it is not starting automatically)

Blackspear, My current version of NOD32 has been installed for some time. it has not recently been updated.

I do not use a router to connect to Bigpond and I have the latest version of the Login Client. I downloaded and reinstalled it last week and now Bigpond autostarts again.

I'm wondering if it has anything to do with this beta version of MS Antispyware which I recently installed?

6. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

With a Router you don't need Bigpond Login Client, this is the function of the Router; to maintain your connection. You will need to add in DNS settings.

Cheers :D

7. Peugot

Peugot Registered Member

Thanks, I think I'll just try to reinstall the applications as this appeared to fix Bigpond. I'm just curious to know how come they all stopped working presumably at the same time. I'll let you know if the reinstall does not fix the problem or it occurs again.

Regards

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.