NOD32 causes slow launches of applications

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by allblue, Mar 26, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. allblue

allblue Registered Member

Hi, this is my first posting here.

I've got a new Centrino-Notebook Samsung P30 XVC 1400 with german WinXP SP1 and all Security Patches. Installed applications are only MS Office 2000, Dreamweaver MX2004, PSP 8 at this moment.

After having installed the german version of NOD32, all applications start very slowly, it takes up to 15 sec.

What's wrong? Thank you for help,
    allblue

2. Hello allblue,

I had the same problem on my Toshiba laptop. Unfortunately, the only way to speed it up again for me seemed to be by unchecking the 'scan on 'execute" box under the AMON setup in the NOD32 controls. I left the other 2 checked (open and create). Instantly all my apps started quickly again. I would be very curious to see if your problem is solved this way also. My laptop has a hyperthreading processor and I was wondering if that is where my conflict is - given some other posts in this forum. But yours, I assume, does not - so see if that fixes it.

Tom

3. allblue

This way seems to work for my system, too. Thank you.

But it is not a solution ...

allblue

4. Agreed - it is not a solution. Although no one has satisfactorally explained to me what unchecking 'execute' will stop AMON from detecting with both 'open' and 'create' still selected. So I don't know if unchecking 'execute' leaves us wide open to attack or doesn't really matter. And I don't know what the original problem is that we are having to make the computer run so slowly. Again, I was hoping to blame it on my hyperthreading and when they updated NOD to work well with that then I could recheck 'execute'. But since your system doesn't have hyperthreading (right?) that must not be the case.

Hopefully someone will discover a real fix.

Tom

5. allblue

Yes, no hyperthreading, but Centrino.

Also hopefully looking forward.

allblue

6. allblue

Looking at the AMON status window I noticed that it takes much time scanning several DLL's, especially the file "rpcss.dll", whichs belongs to windows\system32 folder. Filesize 255kb, last changed Aug 25, 2003.

Usual?

Edit: I got the WinXP Updates from a CD which Microsoft offered in February 2004. In control panel -> Software there are now some Updates marked with "SP2".

Is it possible, that "rpcss.dll" comes from those patches and causes the problem?

allblue

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.