NOD32 cant EXECUTE (from context menu)

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by WebHobbit, Feb 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WebHobbit

WebHobbit Registered Member

Running Vista Biz. Installed the current trial version and I can't get the contextual scanner to work. It just says "Cannot execute NOD32.exe" when I try to scan files from the right click menu in explorer.

When I hit the On Demand scanner link in the start menu UAC asks me to confirm and I say yes and then it runs fine. But still a no go from the right click.

I'm running as an Admin with UAC on.

2. WebHobbit

Nobody??

I'm gonna have to try MS Onecare if I can't get this resolved soon.

3. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Hello and Welcome to Wilders !

I suggest you temporary disable UAS (just temporary) . Reinstall NOD32 using the following instructions:

1) Download a fresh copy of NOD32 v 2.7 for your correct operating system
    Trial version
    Full paid version

2) Goto Control Panel-> Add/Remove programs and Uninstall NOD32

3) Reboot

4) Goto C:\Program files and manually delete the folder ESET

5) Install NOD32 from the file you just downloaded in step 1
    Use Typical settings

6) Make sure you have stable i-net connection and NOD32 (nod32krn.exe) is allowed to go through your firewall and Update NOD

You can also read Blackspear's tutorial here.

Now try with UAC disabled . If everything is alright now as it should be , then it is something in the new UAC which you should check and allow NOD32 run :thumb:

4. WebHobbit

Hmmmmmm...it works but ONLY with UAC OFF. I'm pretty sure there is NO WAY to "configure" UAC. It's just an on or off proposition. If I'm wrong someone please let me know. Because NOD32 is useless to me if I can't scan files after I download them.

5. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Something is blocking NOD32 to run (it is either something during installation or something later). This something is connected to Vista and its new "security improvemenets" .

You don't need to scan all files after you have downloaded them because NOD32 has real time protection which has already scanned the files . AMON is set to scan all files on-created , on-access and on-execute . If there is something , AMON will pop-up and will auto quarantine the malware

For more information about this issue between UAC and NOD32 , you can contact ESET Tech Support (mail to support@eset.com)

Regards! :thumb:

6. Georgio

Georgio Registered Member

I have Windows Vista Ultimate RTM, latest update was KB928089. I have no problem with UAC using context-menu on-demand scanner. Actually there is no UAC warning while using on-demand scanner from context menu, running it directly or using START menu. And yes I'm completely positive about UAC being enabled, I checked it in Local Security Policy (I enabled all UAC related options). I also tried changing on-demand scanner settings or logging in different account types. Under all cases it running scan works flawlessly.

Please try to run windows update and check Local Security Policy (Start > all programs > Accessories > Run > secpol.msc) for UAC settings.

7. WebHobbit

Under Security Policies exactly what would I be looking for?

As far as WinUpdate there is exactly one thing posted for Vista so far and it involves the search function.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.