NOD32 Breaks my wifi connection.

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by IsLNdbOi, Apr 29, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. IsLNdbOi

IsLNdbOi Registered Member

I've installed the trial version of NOD32 (v2.12.4) and after I install it, then it restarts my PC, my wifi connection no longer works. I uninstalled it, then my wifi started working again.

I purchased NOD32 (why is the purchased version 2.12.3?) and same problem occurs. Right after installing and NOD32 restarts my PC, my wifi connection no longer works.

I shut down my PC, reset my router and cable modem, but my wifi connection still won't work. After uninstalling NOD32 (purchased version), my wifi connection works again.

Anyone else experience this? Are there any fixes? Thanks for any help.

2. NAMOR

NAMOR Registered Member

I too am running wireless on my laptop and desktop. So far I have not experienced any problems with wireless on either machine.Both running WINXP Pro SP2, using Linksys Wireless G router, Linksys Wireless G PCI card, wpa-psk and MAC filtering enabled.

3. IsLNdbOi

What version of NOD32 are you using? The newest beta?

4. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

Hi IsLNdbOi, welcome to Wilders.

Can you please try a "Repair" as per screenshot found in this thread.

Hope this helps...

Let us know how you go.

Cheers :D

5. IsLNdbOi

Hi. Tried it with both the trial version (v2.12.4) and my newly purchased one (v2.12.3) and it doesn't help. Wifi still doesn't work again until I uninstall NOD32. :(

6. rdsu

rdsu Registered Member

I'm using a wireless connection with NOD32 or NOD32 beta without any problems...

7. Blackspear

I would try a Winsock Repair, as discussed at the end of post number 2 here.

8. IsLNdbOi

The Winsock repair didn't work either. It's gotta be a problem with NOD32 doing something to my wifi connection.

9. BlueZannetti

BlueZannetti Registered Member

Could you please provide more details regarding you network connection. Also, loss of connectivity can mean many things. Please provide more details regarding the symptoms. Can you see the wireless access point? Is it that you are unable to connect or unable to surf?

I have one system on the production release with wireless. No problems. Ever. Do you see any messages in the Admin tools Event viewer?

Blue

10. NAMOR

NAMOR Registered Member

I'm using the beta.

11. IsLNdbOi

I have a Linksys WRT54GS router with the latest firmware from Linksys' site and a WMP54GS PCI wifi adapter with the latest driver from Linksys site. Both are speedbooster capable. Usually, my signal strength is "excellent" and my speed is ~125mbps.

My wifi stops working after I install either NOD32 Trial (latest is v2.12.4) or NOD32 registered / purchased (v2.12.3). After installing either and then restarting my PC, the wifi no longer works. The windows wifi signal indicator can see my wifi connection, but tells me that there is little or no connection and Windows is having difficulty connecting to the wireless network or somthing similar to that. I can't access the web or do any web related stuff because nothing can connect.

As soon as I uninstall NOD32, and restart my PC, then delete the leftover Eset directory from my C:\Program Files then use Norton WinDoctor to cleanup any leftovers and finally restart my PC again, my wifi connection works.

I have no other AV or firewall installed. The only Norton app. I have on my PC is WinDoctor.

I've done the whole process I've described here, about five or six times now and the same thing happens everytime. I've checked my hard drive for errors and defragged my hard drive too a couple of times before installing NOD32 one of the five or six times I went through the above process.

All of this was done on a recently formatted / zero-filled hard drive with a clean install of WindowsXP Pro. SP2 and all available updates from Windows Update. I don't see any messages in the event viewer.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2005
  12. hadi

hadi Guest

Have you tried the NOD32 repair function
    IMON>setup then miscellaneous tab
    tick automatically detect.... and hit repair now button

13. rothko

rothko Registered Member

hi IsLNdbOi

what about if you disable AMON and/or IMON, can you then connect? To do this, click on each of the modules then untick the option on the right.

lee

14. BlueZannetti

IsLNdbOi,

Let's try walking in small steps. This is nearly identical to the setup I have. I run the same Linksys router - but due to other issues do not have the Speedbooster enabled, nor do I have the Speedbooster PCI cards (I have the standard ones). I wonder if it is tied up here.

See what happens if IMON is disabled. Does this allow you to now connect? If so, were you running things in higher compatibility or higher efficiency mode within IMON?

From the other side, disable Speedbooster on both sides, does this have an impact? If you enable IMON with Speedbooster off - connectivity or not?

The thing to understand about Speedbooster - you are still limited by upload/download constraints on the modem side, which for most of us are between 3-10 Mbps. It would be nice to run flat out, but lets see if it can run at all before pushing the envelop.

Just as an aside, I did get the Speedbooster router for the added RAM and faster CPU - both help in running customized firmware.

Blue

15. IsLNdbOi

Disabled IMON and DMON and AMON all at once then in different combinations. Still nothing. Also, you can't disable speedbooster. It just works. There is no setting in the router or in the PCI wifi adapter to disable speedbooster.

16. BlueZannetti

Just a clarification here - after disabling IMON, did you unload (Quit) it and reboot? Very different operations - the latter takes it out of the lsp chain.

Blue

17. alglove

alglove Registered Member

Are you using any sort of encryption in your wireless connection? WPA, WEP, etc.? What happens if you change it or disable it?

18. IsLNdbOi

Yes after I disabled each one, I would restart my PC. I'm not using any security features of wifi.

19. BlueZannetti

Again, not to belabor the point, but after disabling IMON, did you unload (Quit) it and reboot? From what you have said, the answer is not clear. Yes, I see you have rebooted.

Blue

20. IsLNdbOi

Sorry for not being more clear, but yes. I disabled IMON, AMON, DMON, quit, then rebooted my PC. I did that for each MON.

21. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

Are you using a software firewall?

22. IsLNdbOi

From post #11:

Nope.

23. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

Ooops! Have you tried the beta?

24. NAMOR

NAMOR Registered Member

Have you tried driver updates or rollbacks for your linksys card?

25. Blackspear

Can you send a email to support@nod32.com and place a link back to this thread.

Let us know how you go...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.