NOD32 Beta problem

Discussion in 'NOD32 Early v2 Beta' started by root, Dec 23, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. root

root Registered Member

Hi. Am trying the beta and I use Poco for an email client
    I set up NOD to monitor pop3, and when I try to check my mail, I get the following message.

1 message waiting on server;
    Encountered error while fetching headers for message 1:
    Access violation at address 20B1249A in module 'imon.dll'. Read of address
    No messages deleted, 1 message left on server;
    Logging off...

I use WIN2k SP3, Outpost firewall, TDS3 and Wingate 5.0. RegRun 3 is also resident.
    I have DrWeb installed, but not resident.
    Also, how long is this beta version going to be good for?

2. root

root Registered Member

Tried some more. I uninstalled Spidermail from DrWeb. and I shut down Wingate and tried again.
    I can send but not receive email.
    When I disable IMON, email works fine.
    If I can give you any more information, just let me know.

3. Technodrome

Technodrome Security Expert

Did you back your server addresses to normal?

For instance:
    Switch from localhost to pop.bal.bla.com and make sure you got the same port POP3 number in IMON and your email client.

Technodrome

4. root

root Registered Member

Hi. Yes, my settings are correct. I never changed then as I was not using NOD before.
    With this new version, there does not seem to be any setup involved, it just monitors pop3 at the winsock level and thats where the problem seems to be. I can download my email fine, with IMON disabled.

5. root

root Registered Member

I found I have a different problem with Poco when I totally shut Wingate down, I cannot even contact the email server.
    Since I cannot get email protection with the current version, I have uninstalled Nod32 version 2 beta.
    I understand well the problems when new upgrades such as this are released, so I am not upset. Problems are to be expected and Esset needs to be given the time to work them out.
    Version 2 looks like it is going to be a very nice AV once the bugs get worked out. :)

6. jan

jan Former Eset Moderator

Hi root,

thanks for your feedback. I was on a holiday and Marcos has answered some posts instead of me. I'm glad that you are interested in the new NOD32 Beta version and thanks for your comments. These are very important for us to adapt NOD to match your needs - that's the main goal of our work. We need to process your requirements (there are not a few of them :) so we need a bit time for it - so please be patient). Don't forget it's a BETA version - so don't be surprised to see not only many better new things but also some issues as well. We recommend using the current version of NOD for more reliable protection now. The beta version can be used for TEST purposes at this time - maybe on your kind of test computer (e.g. not connected to the Internet, network, with less important data, etc.).

Thanks for your sympathy and I hope you'll enjoy the new version - with the fixed things even more :) !

Happy and peaceful New Year to all :)

jan

7. Paul Wilders

Paul Wilders Administrator

Happy New Year - and welcome back from a well deserved holiday, jan!

regards.

paul

8. root

root Registered Member

Thanks Jan and Happy New Years to you and all of The great team at Esset.
    I am content to wait as I don't have a test box. If I can be of any assistance, just let me know. :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.