NOD32 BE 3.0 on TS/Citrix Server

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by acidack, May 7, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. acidack

acidack Registered Member

NOD32 BE 3.0 on TS/Citrix Server - Some Questions.. Help .

I have a few questions hope you can help with!

1) How can I disable the context menu for all user in a single terminal server? please do not tell me it is a logon script!?

2) Why when I deploy Eset BE 3.0, and edit the configuration to have certain items in sceduled tasks, that a few default items still showup. This must be a bug..

3) Is there a way when upgrading NOD32v2 to v3, that exclusions that were configured in it, are preserved? Or is there way to import these exclusions easily back in?

4) Is there a way to scan the network to find computers without NOD32 on them?

Just a few questions regarding NOD32. I have to say the confiugration editor could be a lot more user friendly. My new workmates, findit incredibly puzzling on how to push out clients. I have gotten used to it, so it's not an issue for me. but user friendliness is important too. Check out CA eTrust ITM for instance..

Last edited: May 8, 2008
  2. acidack

acidack Registered Member

anyone...?

3. edwin3333

edwin3333 Registered Member

#1) Disclaimer First - screw up here and you can destroy your entire server.

Typically, context menu items can be disabled by going into regedit and removing them;

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Folder\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers
    Mine has
    NOD32 Context Menu Shell Extension

Back this up first!
    I can delete that and the context menu is immediately gone from folders

Remove
    HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Drive\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers\NOD32 Context Menu Shell Extension
    and
    HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Drives\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers\NOD32 Context Menu Shell Extension

To remove the it for drives. I think (Drives) is a nod32 bug in a certain build..

and
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\*\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers\NOD32 Context Menu Shell Extension
    for files

While I have left Nod32, I often delete these as they slow down the computer. Especially WinZip extensions.

#4) RA console has this built in. Read the documentation to find it.

CA eTrust ITM -- we were with this product since Cheyenne owne.d it. Yes, the admin interface is wonderful. But the product is crap. I had to constantly watch it for machines that quit updating their pattern files. For machines where the realtime antivirus hooks would disappear leaving no realtime AV. It install Apache HTTP server ON EVERY SINGLE PC as the local user interface. Updates are sometimes hundreds of MB due to all the open source software they utilize. I had sooo many problems with this product, I returned it and got my money back. Nod is like 1/2 the price. Moving from CA to Nod was like I doubled the CPU on my machines.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.