NOD32 Argument needed for "Free download Manager"

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by Seal8, Feb 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Seal8

Seal8 Registered Member

Recently purchased NOD32. I use a download program called 'Free Download Manager that lets you use your Anti Virus program to auto scan each download when completed.
    I need to show the path to Nod32.exe which I have done and to include the 'Arguments' which will allow NOD32 to auto scan the downloaded file.
    I'm getting an error message: Incorrect command line parameter: /SE.

Could you tell me what the Argument/Command Line Parameter is for NOD32 to auto scan a completed download file?

Or is there a way within NOD32 to configure NOD32 to auto scan any new file/download?

Thanks.

Great Product by the way.

2. farmerlee

farmerlee Registered Member

I would think IMON would scan anything you download so you are probably well protected already.

3. NOD32 user

NOD32 user Registered Member

I would suggest the following but you may wish to modify it to your own preference:
    Code:
    "C:\Program Files\Eset\nod32.exe" /scanfile+ /adware /ah /all /arch+ /cleanmode /prompt /delete /clean /quarantine /heur+ /heurdeep /log+ /mailbox+ /pack+ /scanmbr- /scanboot- /scanmem- /scroll+ /sfx+ /unsafe /quit+ /list+ /break- /selfcheck+ /pack+ /unwanted
    IMHO, the best there is.

Cheers :)

Last edited: Feb 4, 2007
  4. acr1965

acr1965 Registered Member

I presumed the same and I download quite a bit of stuff from the internet. Would someone know the answer for sure? Or should I look around for a download manager that has NOD32 scan every downloaded file as well?

BTW- are there some file types that NOD32 does not scan?

5. agoretsky

agoretsky Eset Staff Account

Hello,

Have you considered using a short ("8.3") path specification to launch the NOD32.EXE file? Based on your previous post, it would look something like:

"C:\PROGRA~1\ESET\NOD32.EXE /scanfile+ /adware /ah /all /arch+ /cleanmode /prompt /delete /clean /quarantine /heur+ /heurdeep /log+ /mailbox+ /pack+ /scanmbr- /scanboot- /scanmem- /scroll+ /sfx+ /unsafe /quit+ /list+ /break- /selfcheck+ /pack+ /unwanted

Did that make any difference for your download manager?

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.