Nod32 Antivirus v7.xx Is There A Way To Scan A Specific Folder Upon Change?

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by siriusly, Aug 4, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. siriusly

siriusly Registered Member

My downloads folder is my greatest concern as that is my weakest link in my system.

Is there a way to set Nod32 to scan upon folder changes?

I am on win7 x64... thought to mention in case that makes any difference to the answers.

I can't seem to find anything anywhere specifically for this so I thought to ask here as I respect the opinions of the people here highly.

Thanks
    S

2. syrinx

syrinx Registered Member

I use NOD and sadly there's no setting specifically for modifications or changes. There is open, execute, and creation. You may want to visit the eset forum and ask your question to see if modified files fall under creation or not but I suspect they would as esets been around the block for a while. I'd imagine that means every time a file is saved it's checked- Even if it previously existed.... the whole folder though I doubt it. (heck I may ask myself now as my downloads folder is also my weakest point since it's also open to sandboxed apps as well.)

Last edited: Aug 4, 2014
  3. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Real-time protection scans files upon creation, modification, access / execution by default. This is something that every antivirus with real-time protection must do.
    I doubt there's an antivirus program that monitors a particular folder and runs an on-demand scan of the entire folder when a change has been detected.

4. siriusly

siriusly Registered Member

Thanks syrinx and Marcos for your answers. I feel more secure now.

5. flatfly

flatfly Registered Member

Well that's a funny coincidence, I've been thinking about implementing this EXACT feature into my new product, blitzVT (see thread on this subforum). Although not a full AV, it complements one quite nicely.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.