Nod32 Antivirus On-Demand

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by Jett, Mar 15, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jett

Jett Registered Member

Hey guys,

I was wondering how do you turn everything off from real-time protection to web control and everything to just run on demanded when needed? Also with on-demand was wondering what setting would be the best to set for a great deep search or throughly through my files for infection? Why would i turn it all off because everytime i leave the computer my friends or cousin comes and touch it and when they go to crazy site and comes up they mess up the whole computer by deleting stuff they don't know or when the virus prompt goes off they think that the path way is like c:\window and delete that and i have to restore the computer again for the 1000th times, so usually i just turn the virus protection off and later when i use it turn it back on and clean everything out or basically restore my backup or old system state. Considering Nod32 now since when i was in kaspersky suggestion forum they kind of had an bad attitude toward me, so i'm switching over. New fan of NOD32 antivirus. Anyways what would you guys suggest about nod32 antivirus v2.7 or 3.0? Anyways take care and have a nice day.

Thanks again,

Jett

2. proactivelover

proactivelover Registered Member

strange man i never thought some people feed viruses
    welcome to NO.1 ESET SUPPORT Forum
    please tell us about OS(Must be Xpsp2)
    please install v2 or v3 and keep setting password protected so your friend and cousin can not disable antivirus
    and please do not disable antivirus nowdays usb viruses and exe infector viruses are spread widely and if your pc infect by these viruses no system restore can save you and they disabale many antivirus and taskmanager,registryeditor and you have to install new OS
    there are v2 and v3 tutorial by Blackspear for great security
    v2
    https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=37509
    v3
    https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=197509
    please tell us r u still want to disable Nod32 or not

3. Jett

Jett Registered Member

Thanks for your response. Yeah it is kind of strange huh, since I help everybody with troubleshooting computer and technician and at the end I end up feeding the virus lol, since most of the people i had so far help most of there problem are viruses.I'm running on Window XP Sp2 with hardward firewall plus outpost firewall pro and now deciding weather to go with NOD32 v2 or v3...Still deciding some advice would help in my decision. Yeah i usually put password on my antivirus setting, but usually i turn the antivirus off because like i said my roommates always do crazy things and when he try to install or get a virus on my computer he try to go in there himself and delete it, but instead he deletes the files that are needed such as the major .dll. That why i turn it off, i taught him several time to delete it from the virus prompt of the virus protector, but he never listen so usually like i said turn it off and deal with it later. I have a major backup file on external hard drive that i keep personally with me, that when i come home i usually restore my home computer partition and everything with the backup file and reassure my backup file is safe with major third party encryption on it. And i know that some virus can't be just erase by deleting the old partition and restoring with a backup, so i do a scan every time after the backup is complete and i say every time and every time there is no virus that ever has been carry over. I know it take a while and a long time, but it's the safest thing to do. I know this is kind of long sorry for it, but a little advice on which version of nod32 antivirus is better would be awesome. Thanks guys, and have an awesome day.

Thanks again,

Jett

4. proactivelover

proactivelover Registered Member

Attached Files:

• eew.jpg
      eew.jpg
      File size:
      68.1 KB
      Views:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.