NOD32 AntiVirus 3.0 - task bar icon?

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by dclark61, Jul 11, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dclark61

dclark61 Registered Member

Running Windows XP SP2. I installed NOD32 AntiVirus 3.0, rebooted, and while running it displayed an icon in the task bar. But after rebooting again, I got the splash screen for NOD32 but there's no icon in the task bar. Is this expected behavior? Thanks in advance.

2. Togg

Togg Registered Member

It happened to me when I had 2.7 and still occasionally happens now with 3.0. I don't believe it's by design and I think there were some threads here, or at another forum, about the 'problem'. If there was a 'solution' I don't remember what it was.

When it first happened I re-enabled the splash screen to confirm that NOD was actually loading at bootup, and assume things are OK because I still see the update notifications, even though the icon is missing.

3. dclark61

dclark61 Registered Member

Thanks. I guess I'll assume that if process ekrn.exe is running, things are OK.

4. Togg

Togg Registered Member

Hopefully someone who remembers when this behaviour was discussed will respond if there is a 'fix'. Now that you have brought it up, I may check with ESET support to see if this is a known issue.

In the past I assumed that it was just another Windows thing, and that some other program, or programs, jostling for position in the startup 'queue' had elbowed the NOD icon out of the way!!

5. Huwge

Huwge Registered Member

I posted about this a while ago.

I still get this 'glitch' now and again

6. Togg

Togg Registered Member

My icon is now back from its unauthorised vacation, so who knows what the h**l is going on!

I checked the V3 users guide and followed the steps to ensure that the 'automatic real time file system protection startup' option was properly selected and there doesn't seem to be anything else that needs to be done.

7. mongatu

mongatu Registered Member

I've noticed with vista x64 that sometimes icons that are setup to appear in the system tray sometimes fail to show up. Not just NOD32. It's very irritating. I'm surprised MS hasn't solved this niggling issue by now. Usually, logging off and back on temporarily solves the problem.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.