NOD32 Antivirus 3.0 on Servers

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by justalittle, Sep 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. justalittle

justalittle Registered Member

Hi there…

I’m in the process of updating our desktops with ESET Smart Security and the servers with NOD32 Antivirus 3.0.
    From what I’ve been reading in the forums, there are or has been issues running 3.0 on Windows 2003 Server SB. i.e high CPU usage, lockups etc.

I also purchased NOD32 for Microsoft Exchange Mail for Exchange 2003. Are there any problems with this? I'll be running both the anti-virus and Exchange Mail plug-in on the same server.

Have any of these issues been resolved? Or should I be installing 2.7 on the servers?

Any input would be great.

Thank-you

2. SmackyTheFrog

SmackyTheFrog Registered Member

For anything running a database (domain controllers, DFS servers, exchange servers), you need to go through the documentation for those products and exclude the files they recommend from the scanning engine (typically database and log files) or you could easily run in to nasty problems.

3. PRJUS

PRJUS Guest

Quite a few of my customers are running 3.0 on servers without any issues but as SmackyTheFrog wrote you should make exclusions on files and folders recommended by Microsoft and others.

On your Exchange server you will have to run NOD32 2.7 as NOD32 for Exchange is still at 2.7 and you can't run 3.0 and the Exchange version on the same server.

/Preben

4. justalittle

justalittle Registered Member

Thanks for the reply…

I’m running Exchange 2003 on my Win2003 server (small office) so I can only run NOD 2.7? And that’s only if I want to be able to run the exchange add on?
    Or should I be safe and just run 2.7?

Does anyone have an exclusions list handy for the files/folders?

Thank-you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.