NOD32 Antivirus 2.7 or ESET NOD32 Antivirus 3.0

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by MrGSM, Jun 20, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YeOldeStonecat

YeOldeStonecat Registered Member

Along the Shorelines somewhere in New England
    2.7 quite snappier....even on Core 2 Duos....
    I've deployed 3.0 at one client...I did an all new network at the law firm this past December. Brand spanking new high end business machines. Complaints of slowness...one by one I uninstalled 3.0 and installed 2.7...clients instantly much happier...said PCs were faster without even knowing what I did. I could clearly see the difference also.

I've tried it several times myself on several different rigs that I have over the past 6 months or so...keep finding myself going back to trusty 2.7.

2. AA2000

AA2000 Registered Member

eset should re-use graphical interface of version 2.70.39 but with the technology version 3.0.650 (Spanish version). and how much to add a new module in detecting said graphical environment. greetings from Argentina.

pd: I even my clients to buy what they install the version 2.70 and I think it is being held until the cease update

3. MrGSM

MrGSM Registered Member

Thanks for your opinions.
    So if two PC's with same configuration and 1irst has NOD32 V2.7 et the 2nd NOD32 V3 with both the same update database, Can NOD32 2.7 miss some threats that NO32 V3 catch?
    Thanks again.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2008
  4. The Hammer

The Hammer Registered Member

Version 3 has better rootkit detection or so I'm told.

5. axle00

axle00 Registered Member

I really miss the GUI of 2.7. I don't know why they decided to change it in 3.0.

6. Brother Esau

Brother Esau Registered Member

I prefer 2.7 myself

7. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Not only rootkit detection, but overall malware detection is better in v3 than in v2 and this difference will be growing due to technical limitations of v2. Of course, we're not stopping v2 updates, they will be provided as they've always been until v2 is completely discontinued which will be announced a long time in advance.

8. SKA

SKA Registered Member

Dear Marcos

If we disable both email + web protections in EAV3 will either rootkit or overall malware detection be reduced ?
    ie. just running file-protection is okay for version 3 EAV ?

Thanks for your comments
    SKA

9. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

You can disable web/email protection, but I don't recommend it as you'd get rid of the first level of defense with sensitive heuristics.

10. puma_one

puma_one Registered Member

Hello,

The version 2.7 was on my computer during one year and worked very well.

Then I switched to version 3.0.669 and I noticed the following elements :

- bad interaction with Windows Mail : nod32 tells me always, into the e-mail notification, about a decompacting problem (no problem with thunderbird);

- smart analysis : ok

- In-depth scan :

a) duration : - with 2.7 = 45 minutes
    - with 3 = more than 1h30 (nod32 is blocked during minutes with the examination of some files especially from the Java program)

b) report journal shows anything and causes the stopping of the program

c) difficulties to stop the in-depth scan analysis (no more answers from the program during minutes)

So I went back to Nod32 version 2.7 and everything is ok.

No way to go in the future to version 3 unless a real improvement.

I hope that Eset will take in consideration the problems encoutered by a lot of consummer with the version 3 (as it is mentionned in this forum).

Truely yours.

11. MrGSM

MrGSM Registered Member

We hope too.

12. Mister Natural

Mister Natural Registered Member

I've just wrapped up a migration of our main office from 2.7 to 3. Around 100 computers. Our remote locations and servers will remain on 2.7 for a while. I did this slowly over a period of a month or so just to make sure there were no serious issues. I was concerned about the high cpu issue which appears to be ongoing with some. Despite the warnings I've enabled AH on all settings. I've received no calls or complaints from any user about noticing any slowdown on their pc. I've not had any computers experience the high cpu issue either. (knock wood)

We have a wide range of systems. All are XP pc's with the exception of a couple of mine which run Vista (32 & 64). Our older systems are 4 years old or so and have only 512 meg o' memory while newer systems have 1 gig ram or more. None of our users do anything which require high end processing power, basic office type stuff. One thing worth noting I keep close watch on clients and remove a lot of 3rd party programs which try to load at start up.

My personal experience I would say perhaps a very slight difference in performance but nothing worth going back to 2.7 over.

To answer the question I would say I prefer v3 since Eset states a number of features have been improved, plus they continue to work on that version. So far no regrets. My main concern is seeing that NOD detection rates are back on top of the comparison charts.

13. Cooler

Cooler Registered Member

I prefer NOD32 Antivirus 2.7 because it has no problems with compatibility with other programs, but 3.0 have beter euristic analyzer.

14. MrGSM

MrGSM Registered Member

No, i think the same Heuristic analyzer because the Heuristic Module is updated too in the v2.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.