NOD32 and WinRAR 3 Archives

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 1 Forum' started by Sando, Nov 2, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sando

Sando Guest

Hi,

I've noticed NOD32 has some problems with archives created using WinRAR 3.
    NOD reports BAD CRC on ver3 RAR archives.
    I'm not sure if it manages to scan inside the archive or completely fails to unpack it.

I assume WinRAR 3 introduced a new packing method and the NOD32 team needs to update their unpacking code.

I hope you update it soon

Thank you in advance,

Sando

2. Paolo Monti

Paolo Monti Eset Staff Account

Hi,

RAR3 format is not supported yet, but Eset developers are working about this issue. We - Eset and its distributors - debated this prob several times in our private forum.

ciao,
    Paolo.

3. JacK

JacK Registered Member

Hi Sando,

It shall not solve the problem but it is useless to scan compressed files (*.zip, *.rar, etc....) : just a waste of time, they are harmfull :)

On opening, NOD32 will detect if it's infected.

Rgds,

JacK

4. wizard

wizard Registered Member

For me RAR 3 support is one of the most wanted features for the next NOD32 version. :) I know for virus protection it is not really necessary but it makes my life a litte bit easier. ;)

wizard

5. root

root Registered Member

I know it is difficult keeping up with WinRar as it seems to like changing its format(?) every few updates, but I too think it is desirable.
    I download many zipped and rared files, and I like to be able to check them with my AV, before I unzip them. Some I download and then store for later use and I like to know that everything has been checked as it came on my computer.
    I know what you are saying Jack, but people compute in funny ways sometimes, and to keep the majority of people happy, it is often beneficial to incorporate such stuff as this.
    Won't hurt anything anyway. :D

6. controler

controler Guest

Besides Many WAREZ use RAR and ACE for comprssion.
    I myself prefer ACE over RAR.
    if you have tried the new version Win ACE you will soon see there is no comparison between Win Rar and Win Ace
    Too many people use Winzip. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.