NOD32 and Windows Steadystate

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by LEDA, Jul 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LEDA

LEDA Registered Member

We are using the latest version of Windows Steadystate (v2.5) to lock down some public use computers at our office.

In order for NOD32's antivirus definition updates to succesfully complete, we need to be able to run the updates from the command-line. We tried the Snipped[/] method with the same negative results as other users in this forum.

Is there a specific reason that ESET is blocking people from updating the definitions from the command line, is it just an oversite on their part, or am I just missing something?

I know that this question has been asked on this forum before, but I thought I should raise awareness of this issue. If I can't get it resolved, we won't be purchasing ESET NOD32 for our public machines.

Snipped: undocumented command removed

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 23, 2010
  2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

A script for SteadyState 2.5 is being tested and will be available later. It will require EAV/ESS 4.0.445 or newer, the current release version is 4.0.437.

3. LEDA

LEDA Registered Member

Thanks for the quick response!

Do you have a rough time estimate on when the script will be ready?

4. strelock

strelock Registered Member

script will be ready?

5. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

A KB article with instructions will be available shortly.

6. SmackyTheFrog

SmackyTheFrog Registered Member

Just incase anyone cares, we managed to get it working with this script:

Code:
    Option Explicit

On Error Resume Next

Dim sNOD32Path, oShell, strComputer, oWMIService, ColProcesses

Set oShell = CreateObject("WScript.Shell")

sNOD32Path = oShell.RegRead("HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ESET\ESET Security\CurrentVersion\Info\InstallDir")

call oShell.Run(chr(34) & sNOD32Path\ecmd.exe /update, 0, True)

Wscript.Sleep(300000)
    I'm guessing the sleep window could be trimmed down considerable, but who gives a crap.

7. Hollowstriker

Hollowstriker Registered Member

I'm using Windows SteadyState 2.5 with (Windows Disk Protection turned on) on a Windows XP SP3 machine with ESET NOD32 Antivirus 4.2.35.0 and could use a "Custom Script" to update NOD32 automatically (without me having to turn off WDP then back on again just to update it)- see screenshot

How can I implement this? Is there a KB article avaliable for this now?

(There are references to this issue in this thread as well, and it doesn't seem to have been resolved yet either.)

8. Hollowstriker

Hollowstriker Registered Member

Uhh...anyone with a solution to this? I'm not exactly sure how the script SmackyTheFrog has posted would be implemeted in Windows Steadystate to do the updates and was kind of expecting the KB to be out by now (it's been like more than 6 months since Marco's post)- a search on the knowledgebase for "Windows Steadystate" doesn't show up anything related?

9. irizarisan

irizarisan Registered Member

Hope to read updates regarding on scripts that will allow NOD32 to download and then retain the updates in it's disk even the Windows SteadyState protection is on.

10. jayt

jayt Registered Member

The OP didn't say what OS you are using, but I recently read that MS doesn't have Steadystate available for Win 7 and doesn't plan to implement it in that OS.

11. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

12. irizarisan

irizarisan Registered Member

any of the team able to retain the updates in NOD32 using the Windows Steady state running in windows xp platform??

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.