NOD32 and Windows Defender

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by pipester, Dec 30, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pipester

pipester Guest

I have a roommate who currently uses AVG free and Windows Defender. I'm trying to migrate her to NOD32 antivirus, as I think this would offer her much better protection and system performance, but she is fanatical about Windows Defender being on her PC and insists that any program I install be compatible and cause no issues. I know NOD32 is compatible with most adware/spyware programs from what I've read in newsgroups, but I have not seen any comments concerning NOD32 and Windows Defender, so I told her I would ask this question in the NOD forum before I downloaded and installed the NOD32 trial for her to evaluate. I would appreciate your comments or links to any comments concerning NOD32 and Windows Defender compatibility for her to read. Thank You.

2. Ocky

Ocky Registered Member

When I first installed NOD32 about 5 weeks ago I had AVG Anti-Spyware and Windows Defender (1593.msi) running together with Spybot S&D (not tea timer only resident enabled), and everything was smooth as can be. I have in the meantime however uninstalled Windows Defender as I find AVG ASW is more than enough, especially if you are running NOD32.

Regards and have a good 2007 ! :-*

3. Kostan

Kostan Registered Member

pipester,

I've been using WD v.1.1.1593.0 engine v 1.1.1904.0 with Nod32 v2.70.23 more than 6 months now and I have no serious problems (my O/S is Win XP home SP2).

The only thing is that if both are updating then my system freezes for 2-3 minutes but this happens very rarely since WD usually updates once every 4-8 days while Nod updates min 2 to max 5 times a day and very rarely once over the weekend.(always depending on the virus threats that circulate)

You must also make sure that they do not scan at the same time and this can be easily avoided by setting different scanning times.
    Other than this (although many dispute this) WD is a very good anti-spyware tool and works just fine with another good anti-virus (plus) tool Nod32.

Mind you I am no expert on antivirus or anti-spyware tools, I am simply stating what I have experienced.;)

Happy New Year

4. The Gorilla

The Gorilla Registered Member

I can only echo the previous two posts

I have been running NOD for that last three years and WD since it was first introduced. They work fine together and I have not had any problems. They run happy together and do not hog resources.

Hope this helps your room mate decide.

Happy New Year.

5. duijv023

duijv023 Registered Member

Works fine here too!!

6. pipester

pipester Guest

Appreciate everyone's input, it helped tremendously. She's good to go. Thanks again.

7. DevilFrank

DevilFrank Registered Member

No problems here.
    :thumb:

Attached Files:

8. pipester

pipester Guest

Hello Everyone,

Thouhgt I'd give an update, my roommate has been running NOD32 trial and Windows Defender for a week now without a glitch, she's tickled to death with this combination and seems to really like NOD32, she's still learning, but I feel confident she will purchase after the trial, now if I could only get her to register at Wilders Security Forums.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.