NOD32 and Winamp

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by gearscout, Apr 5, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gearscout

gearscout Registered Member

This is a bit frustrating.

Trying to play my music library via Winamp, direct from files on my server to client computer. Both the server and the client are running NOD32/Beta 2.5

File is VBR 192/320 44KHz MP3
    ---------
    On Client:
    AMON
    Detection-->Media-->Network [unchecked]
    Methods-->Advanced Heuristics [unchecked]
    Methods-->Optimized Scanning [checked]
    Increased compatibility for Winamp
    ---------
    On Server:
    AMON
    Exclusions-->D:\Libarary (+Subfolders)

Playing files DIRECTLY still skips. The same files, played as a STREAM do not skip. The stream is either played through the Slim Devices/SlimServer to Winamp or through MusicMatchJukebox Server to a dedicated wireless music player.

Yes, the connection is wireless to this client. It's a "G" connection that has plenty of bandwidth.

But why are the files played directly from the server skipping while the streamed files do not?

Any ideas?

Thanks!

2. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

3. gearscout

gearscout Registered Member

Had searched the forum and read that one.

That thread is on streaming media. This is simply opening/playing the file. The buffering while streaming seems to make the file "immune" from such hits.

The problem, however...may be discovered.

Everytime NOD32 server, running on the same PIII/600MHz box as the music library, does an update to the clients, the music cuts out. This is evidenced on the RA Console, so it may be those client/server/console interactions.

Or maybe NOT. I shut down NOD32 on the client AND the server side and it's still cutting out. Halted the process on the server side.

I'm a little surprised. While it's no speed demon, it's a SCSI disk. Doubt it's the wireless, but anything's possible.

Thanks for reading about it! :rolleyes:

Last edited: Apr 5, 2005
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.