nod32 and what it does with files

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by lodore, Oct 14, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lodore

lodore Registered Member

Hi, I was doing some testing with nod32 on my old pc, but i didnt know what it done with the files. i think i configured it to blackspear settings. i know they are ment to be silent settings but i still want to know what it does with the files.
    when I checked the logs it said couldn't delete the file and didnt have access to the file and that was it. ok let me explain the test. it was a so called joke file called earthquake.exe in a zip file. i dragged the zip folder to desktop and it said couldn't access file and then the file wasnt in the folder no more.
    my options where clean automatically and put new items in qurantine.
    in the on demand profile the options where clean then if cleaning fails delete the file. so am i right in thinking after it said couldnt clean the file it just deleted it?
    btw this is a another rubbish test that didnt really work IMO. but i just wanted to see how nod32 reacted.
    I am asking this because i wanted to see if nod32 was working

i was also wondering if i could get it to come up with a alert box with e.g. amon just saying what it done with threat and you may close this window but i dont know how to set that up.

the original zip folder was on a cd.

thanks in advance
    lodore

Last edited: Oct 14, 2006
  2. agoretsky

agoretsky Eset Staff Account

Hello,

Did you check the log file created by NOD32? If so, what did it report?

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

3. alglove

alglove Registered Member

NOD32 System Setup --> General --> uncheck "Enable silent mode".
    I think so, yes. To be honest, though, I got a little confused when you were explaining the test, because I lost track of which file was copied to where. Maybe with silent mode disabled, things will make more sense.

4. lodore

lodore Registered Member

thanks

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.