NOD32 and the Zotob Worm

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by zotob, Aug 17, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zotob

zotob Guest

Does NOD32 have detection for the Zotob worm (and its variants)? I don't see "zotob" listed:

http://www.nod32.com/support/info.htm

I'm not concerned about becoming infected; I'm just trying to determine if Eset is on top of it.

2. Stan999

Stan999 Registered Member

3. DonKid

DonKid Registered Member

I hope with 1.1196 definition, we are protected from Zotob.D, because here in Brazil there are more than 1.000 computers already infected.

4. webyourbusiness

webyourbusiness Registered Member

Marcos stated that Zotob is a Mytob variant, and that ALL Mytob variants had been detected using advanced heuristics - make sure you have AH turned ON - then you don't need to worry about Eset getting a definition update out to you in time ahead of EVERY single virus... AH is your friend...

regards

Greg

5. rothko

rothko Registered Member

seems to be a lot of confusion over the zotob threat and its variants - i'm sure all the current threats are covered by nod32, it just complicates matters when different AVs call them different names.

makes people extra-anxious when it hits the headlines: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/4159002.stm and you cant see the name of the threat in your AV's signature list.

Zotob seems to be detected as Mytob by nod32. if someone from Eset could just say YES YOU'RE COVERED, STOP STRESSING ABOUT IT! then that would be cool :D

6. zotob

zotob Guest

I'm not worried about becoming infected by zotob, or wotob, or mozambique, or whatever they want to call it. I'm not at risk. (Please, no pissing matches on why I'd make that statement.) I just wanted to verify that Eset was on the ball. I wasn't expressing doubt that they were.

I think it's about time that vendors agree on a common naming scheme. But no, I'm not holding my breath.

7. rothko

rothko Registered Member

yep, i agree, would make it a lot easier if they used the same naming convention, but also not holding my breath. also not suggesting doubt on your part :)

8. OPETH

OPETH Guest

Is Ebot a variant of Zotob? Is NOD32 protected against it?

9. Brian N

Brian N Registered Member

10. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

11. myluvnttl

myluvnttl Registered Member

I'm not worry about the thing, cause I can trust NOD 32, just keeping me sleep tight at night.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.