NOD32 and printing problems with HP jetdirect print servers

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by Paul-Devine Comp, Nov 4, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I am having a problem with NOD32 conflicting with HP jetdirect printer servers. It makes the print job restart printing after the first page or it just won't print at all. I have tried turning down the compatability in the IMON. This doesn't make any difference. Is there any way around this problem?

2. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

Can you please send an email to support@nod32.com and place a link to this thread. If you do not hear from Eset within 3 days (allows for weekends), please advise us here...

Let us know how you go…

Cheers :D

3. rumpstah

rumpstah Registered Member

Hello Paul-Devine Comp and welcome to Wilders ;)

Please clarify whether you are using HP JetDirects (latest firmware?), Print Servers (Windows NT, 200x) or the combination that you are using (NDPS?).

We have hundreds of JetDirects and do not have this issue. One of our print servers alone houses 250 print queues.

Any previous Antivirus installed or all fresh installs on the workstations?

The more information you provide, the sooner a solution can be found.

4. All the computers have had a mixture of Macfee home and Mcafee netshield AV. These have been removed and NOD32 installed.

I will install NOD32 on a fresh workstation and see if it is previous AV causing the problem.

All computers are printing directly to the IP address of the HP jet directs. They are not going threw any other print server. If I print from the workstations to a Windows 2000 print server(server does not have NOD32 installed on it) which inturn prints to the HP jetdirect it works fine.

Printer 1:
    hp LaserJet 4300 (has network on printer itself, I assume it uses jetdirect technology)
    Printer Model: Q2433A
    Printer Serial Number: <snip>
    Firmware Datecode: 20030213 04.007.3
    Service ID: 13348
    PS Wait Time-out: 300 seconds
    Page Count 115079
    Preventive Maintenance Interval: 200000
    Pages Since Last Maintenance: 115064

Printer 2:
    PRINTING TO A OKI5300 COLOUR LASER PRINTER VIA HP JETDIRECT J3263A 3 LPT PORT(ONLY ONE BEING USED).
    Product: J3263A
    vERSION: ROM H.08.08, EEPROM H.08.05
    HARDWARE ADDRESS: 0030C18DFCD0

I HAVE NOT UPGRADED TO THE LATEST FIRMWARE AS IT SEEMS TO BE HAPPENING ON ALL DIFFERENT VERSIONS OF JETDIRECTS.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 11, 2004
  5. rumpstah

rumpstah Registered Member

Around 350 of our workstations also use direct TCP/IP printing without issues. It may have to do with the uninstall and subsequent traces.

Something quick (and relatively painless) to try would be to run the winsock fix found here .

A good protocol to follow after removing some of the "Popular" antivirus software is to run the WinsockFix. It has fixed numerous tcp/ip issues.

Drop us a note on the outcome. ;)

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 11, 2004
  6. Thw winsocks patch did the trick! thank you very much now I can go ahead and install it on the other 50 odd workstations.

7. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

A good result, that Rumpstah is worth his weight in Gold, despite what they say ;) :D

Thank you for keeping us up-to-date, as we all learn that way :D

A good result.

Cheers :D

8. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

The problem actually seems to lie in Aventail Autosocks which registers itself to the LSP chain and interferes with IMON.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.