Nod32 and PocoMail

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by PikeDude, Sep 16, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PikeDude

PikeDude Registered Member

Hi,

I have Nod32 as my on access scanner and imon was checking my emails with Outlook XP, everything always worked out great. I recently switched to PocoMail and was just wondering from other PocoMail users if they use the email scanning options in Pocomail or just use imon to scan incoming email.
    Right now I have it set up so that Imon scans the email and it seems to be working because I sent myself an email containing the eicar virus and Imon immediately jumped into action to warn me. All other emails I see the text on the bottom that the email was checked by Nod32 so I'm pretty sure that it is verifing the incoming email.
    The only bug that I have now is that in Outlook XP the email was scanned once, at least the text message was there only once, now with Pocomail the Nod32 scanned message at the bottom is there twice as if it scanned it twice. Is this a bug or normal with Pocomail? Not really a big problem it's just annoying seeing it there twice.
    Anyone have the same problem and/or how to fix it? Thanks for any help.

2. sig

sig Registered Member

I have PocoMail and IMON's notification only appears once on incoming mails. I have seen some other threads here where people have reported that they have the notification appearing twice in their emails, although not necessarily with PocoMail.

If I recall correctly, in some cases people were using another program for spam catching which may have resulted in the double notification. I can't recall a fix in those instances, but that may just be my memory as I wasn't paying much attention since I don't have a third party antispam program.

I'm not sure what you mean about the "email scanning options in PocoMail." Are you talking about spam filters? Or something else?

I have PocoMail catching spam (although I haven't set up any specific filters) and still don't see two NOD notifications. So don't know what may be causing what you see or what a fix would be. Perhaps someone else can assist you better. At any rate, I don't think it's an issue specifically with PocoMail unless there are some settings I'm not using that may explain the difference in our experiences. Sorry I can't be more helpful.

3. sig

sig Registered Member

OK, I was just checking my PocoMail settings and see what you mean about setting up email AV scanning within the Poco program. No, I just let IMON do it on its own. It doesn't have to be set up as a POP proxy as NOD version 1's email scanner had to be.

Guess I should check Poco's features a bit more often. ;)

4. Kym

Kym Registered Member

Same here, I just let Imon do it's thing.
    I only have one notification from Nod in each email. I am using Pocomail 2.6.4

5. PikeDude

PikeDude Registered Member

Hi sig and Kym,

Thanks for the help :) Yeah, PocoMail sure has a lot of settings!
    I'm not using any spam program or catching software other than the one built in from Pocomail, but I did see what was causing this.
    At least this was fixed for me, don't know if it would help anyone else though.
    I also have another antivirus program for backup which is Steganos Antivirus which was also set for scanning emails, once I disabled that feature Nod scanned only once. I should have known that even scanning emails with 2 virus scanners would cause problems just as with 2 on access scanners would.
    Oh well, there is always something new to learn. Again thanks for all the help. :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.