NOD32 and Outpost: compatibility issue

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by A884126, May 16, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. A884126

A884126 Registered Member

Hi.

I just bought NOD32 this we and since I am using it I got several BSOD. I do not know if it is related but I did not find any other reason.

Does anyone experience the same issue?
    If anyone faced it in the past, what is the solution?

Thanks for your help.

Peter

2. Habiru

Habiru Registered Member

Hi I used and tested (2002) Outpost 2 for about a year on a couple of machines and continually had the same problems while using NOD32. Since I bought and paid for both ZA and NOD32 I dropped testing of Outpost since most of what Outpost brought to the table had been integrated into ZA by this time. Most specifically was expert rules. Having the ability to set manual rules is a must.

There are still some issues with ZA and NOD from time to time. In the summer of 2001, the programs constantly caused issues until ZA fixed the problem. During testing Outpost 2 was conflicting heavily with NOD and since it was not absolutely diagnosed, I could not see any reason for further testing.

3. gunnarj

gunnarj Registered Member

I run Outpost 2 Pro and Nod32 with no compatibility problems w/ WinME, and have done so for some time.

regards,

gunnarj

4. Paul Wilders

Paul Wilders Administrator

No problems over here on XP Pro, W2K, W98. Feel free to be precise in regard to what error messages do pop up :)

regards.

paul

5. Q Section

Q Section Registered Member

Headquarters - London & Field Offices -Worldwide
    Hello A884126

No compatibility problems here with 98SE and Outpost Firewall. Perhaps you have too many programs starting at the same time and Windows cannot handle too many starting all at once? We know that problem to be possible with 98SE.

Which operating system are you using? Do you have quite a lot of programs starting at once? Are your BSODs coming at startup or at which other point/event?

6. norky

norky Registered Member

free outpost or the trial of pro?

7. A884126

Router DLink 614+
    ASUS P4P800 Deluxe (HT enabled - Bios 1016)
    P4 2.4C
    1Go Winbond PC3200 Dual
    Windows XP Pro SP1
    Resident progs: Outpost Pro 2.1.303.4009 (314) / filtnt.sys 2.1.314
    NAV 2003 / SpywareGuard / Wormguard / TDS-3 / Spybot Search & Destroy

Outpost Pro 2.1.303.4009 (314)

Random event. Main BSOD message: "driver irql not less or equal"

FYI I had no concern with Sygate. However I like very much the Webfiltering of Outpost and rules are easier to set up for me, as I am not a real expert in this field.

Thanks for your kindly help.

8. Access Denied

Access Denied Registered Member

Outpost Pro (licensed user) and NOD32 cause BSOD here too. I have tried 2 or 3 diff imon.dll and still same problem. I have just switched to Trend's TMIS and the BSOD is history. I will surely toss TMIS on other pc and NOD32 this baby again if that BS(OD) ever goes away. I have spent countless hours with Eset and Agnitum support and nothing ever fixed it. :doubt:

9. Q Section

Q Section Registered Member

Headquarters - London & Field Offices -Worldwide
    Perhaps your Norton is clashing with NOD32. Usually it is not wise to run two Anti-virus programs at the same time. Try disabling/shutting down Norton and then see if it helps.

After having just perused this site it seems like it may be

1)a Norton/XP issue or
    2)your display card driver may not be up to date or
    3)you may have an IRQ conflict or another possible problem

You can read the thread and obtain some ideas on what to try but first try our primary idea of shutting Norton down and then trying to see if you get the BSOD.

Last edited: May 18, 2004
  10. qazee

qazee Guest

Are you sure the problem is with compatibility between Outpost and Nod32? Many people are having BSOD's on pentium machines with hyper threading. If you do a search for bsod in the outpost forum, you willl find lots of threads relating to having trouble with hyperthreading machines.

Outpost works great on all of my machines except the one with hyperthreading.

11. Mele20

Mele20 Former Poster

I don't have Outpost but I do have a PentiumIV with hyperthreading. Agnitum claims that the latest Outpost has fixed the problem with hyperthreading machines so do you have the latest version on your hyperthreading machine?

I think A884126's problem is NAV running along with NOD32. NAV, of all AV, should not be run with any other AV. You must uninstall NAV properly also. That means use Symantec's tool to clean up as the uninstaller leaves a ton of stuff behind that can really screw up your NOD32.

12. jgswe

jgswe Guest

I run Outpost firewall pro and NOD32 right now with no problemos ;)

But i hate the Outpost popup bug... When settings is on block popups... it blocks diffrent kinds of javascript too..
    And the updates... i have only updated my outpost one time and i have had it in 1 year... i know there are more releases of new verisions per year of outpost but it says that its up-to-date.

not a big problem..i can live with that but does anyone know a solution?

13. Hatsikidee

Hatsikidee Registered Member

Well I do have a problem with Nod32 and ZaPro (latest update version). When I close down the computer and restart it's a matter of who starts first. When this is NOD32, no problems. When Zapro starts first, than NOD comes up: I have a network problem and this will be solved when I restart the computer. When I do, no problems. If I don't, I can't connect to any site or collect my email (The Bat).

I have two exacly the same computers though the other one hasn't the latest update of ZaPro yet and there is no problem there at all. And Nod is there installed also.

They are both on a ADSL-modem and wich pc is first to start, that doesn't matter.

14. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

Have you tried using LSP Fix, or sliding back the setting in "Advanced Setup" in IMON, or "Repair"?

Hope this helps...

Cheers :D

Last edited: May 19, 2004
  15. Access Denied

See this thread please. Yes I am 100% sure its those two.
    https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=32284

1 full week and not a peep from that DSOB dubbed BSOD
    :p

So this could possibly mean that NOD32 + Outpost Pro + Hyper Thread = BSOD.

16. Access Denied

I must eat my own words as Outpost just BSOD'd yet again. Its history from my pc.

17. Paul Wilders

Sorry to hear so. For the record: let's conclude this is not a NOD32 flaw.

Ermm...you might give Agnitum Support a try - seems only fair, if only to find the culprit and deal with it once and for all.

regards.

paul

18. Access Denied

I have given up with Agnitum and their "send me dump files" support while all the time blaming NOD and making me think the same. I am just gonna toss that $$ spent in the experience bucket and move along to better software. I will say that I am very happily back at home with NOD32 as my AV (renewing very very soon) and letting another firewall be my outgoing looker. All hail NOD32, the king of AV :D

19. Paul Wilders

Since you are the paying customer, that's no doubt your perogative - no comment on that one. Personally, I do aim at softwares being compatible in the long run - for the sake of companies involved and first and foremost th software users :)

Always nice to see a happy camper - NOD32 and all other top notch security softwares included :)

regards.

paul

20. A884126

I am 99% sure it comes from NOD32, because if I install Sygate or Kerio instead of Outpost I do not face this concern. Separately they work fine.

NAV has been uninstalled.
    I do not undestand the sense of this question as HT option is in the Bios section. Mine Bios version is 1016.

Maybe it is a combination of these three. What I know it is when they are running separately there is no BSOD.