NOD32 and Outlook Express

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by Ed_Spurrell, Nov 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ed_Spurrell

Ed_Spurrell Registered Member

Hi All,
    The latest program I installed was NOD32 V3.0.551.0 and now when I receive a email in Outlook Express 6.00.2900.2158 ( xpsp_sp2_rtm.040803-2158 )
    that requires a receipt I get this error; "Outlook Express was unable to send the receipt"
    Is it possible that I have to put a check in some setting in NOD32 to not get this error?
    I can't seem to get a clear answer on google search. I will have time later tonight to search more.
    I am just wondering if someone had this error and fixed it....lol seems like I ask in this forum first when I get a problem :)
    But I was put on the right track the last time and my problem was fixed even though NOD32 was not the issue :)
    Greatly appreciate any suggestions.

Ed

2. Jdeane

Jdeane Eset Staff

version 3.0.56 fixes some OE issues try downloading this version and see if that fixes your issue

3. Thankful

Thankful Savings Monitor

Some forum members have been having problems with Outlook Express. A new version 3.0.560 was released which may/may not solve your problem. Also make sure Outlook Express has a check next to it in Email Protection->Pop3->Email Clients.
    The version can be downloaded here:
    http://www.eset.com/download/registered_software.php

Last edited: Nov 8, 2007
  4. Ed_Spurrell

Thank you I will try the upgrade first.

5. Ed_Spurrell

I upgraded to the v3.0.560.0 and still the same. I may completely uninstall and reinstall v3

thanks
    Ed

6. poutine

poutine Registered Member

v3.0.560.0 crashed my Outlook Express today, i disabled NOD32 while i was converting an AVI to DVD, re-enabled NOD32, went to O.E and "ping" :mad:

7. Ed_Spurrell

Sorry to hear that you had a conflict also my friend. I think I will install fresh from now on, considering NOD32 uninstall wizard seems to do a smooth job for me.

I am posting back to say that after I uninstalled V3.0.560 and deleted the ESET folder in Program Files folder. Then reinstalled it fresh it fixed my problem. I was able to click ' yes ' to receipt and it went fine.
    I guess not all upgrades work well on all systems.

I would like to thank you all for your help once again.

Ed

8. poutine

Yeh , hell with it all, im back to 2.7 permanently. Sick already of it. I have lost all faith in eset

Last edited: Nov 8, 2007
  9. Ed_Spurrell

Don't give up yet my friend....If you are having problems that can't seem to be fixed right now then yes go back to 2.7.
    I am sure there are a few more bugs that some of us will encounter before v3 runs as smooth as 2.7.

Hope you stick around :)

Ed

10. poutine

Thanks for the encouragement Ed, but it should never have even been released in its present form. It'll take a whole lot of effort now to tempt me back to V.3 . Even the RC1 had fewer bugs, hows that possible ? o_O

11. saffron

saffron Registered Member

I wholeheartedly agree. I'm back to V2.7 too. I haven't given up on ESET yet, but the smell of bullshit is starting to get to me. The product should NOT have even been released in its present form. Why doesn't ESET just fire the spin doctors and admit it?

12. Ed_Spurrell

Well the way I look at it is that if they don't release it to all the registered users then how will they find all the bugs in a new version.
    The beta testers will only find some of the bugs. But when it is available for all of us then they encounter different scenarios. We all have many different configurations due to our preferences in which programs we want, need to run on our systems.
    I say give them time to test the waters :)
    It will only make it better and stronger.

Ed

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.