NOD32 and HIPS

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by MasterTB, Jun 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MasterTB

MasterTB Registered Member

Due to the growing interest by security concerned users about this feauture I wonder: does NOD32 offer any kind of HIPS (Host Intrusion Prevention) type of securityo_O

2. ASpace

ASpace Guest

No , NOD32 has no HIPS .

It provides other kind of proactive protection

3. trjam

trjam Registered Member

but HiTech, doesnt the suite have a box to check for some sort of intrusion protection.

4. Cosmo32

Cosmo32 Guest

Is "HIPS" something everyone is searching for?
    NOD32-EE is all I use. I feel very secure behind it.
    Strong, silent, light, blazingly fast, quiet!
    What have I missed? o_O
    Best,
    Duncan

5. MasterTB

MasterTB Registered Member

What do you mean by that?? If a Trojan somehow gets into my system and tries to inject a dll or some sort of code into a trusted application will NOD32 know about it?? and how. I mean I'm sure it will probably detect the trojan before it even has a chance to activate itself but what if it doesn't what kind of defense would I have then??

6. BuckSnort_

BuckSnort_ Registered Member

That's why I run Online Armor 2 in conjunction with NOD32 on both my computers. They run well together, and I've basically quit worrying about getting infected.

7. farmerlee

farmerlee Registered Member

If nod32 doesn't detect it and you have no other security measures in place then the trojan will be free to do its dirty work.

8. ASpace

ASpace Guest

NOD32 does not provide you with this kind of behaviour analysis .
    NOD32 uses signatures to detect the malicious code as well as very powerful heuristics . In this guide http://download1.eset.com/manuals/ra_ovw.pdf you can read more about ESET NOD32 technology (page 1 - 6) and especially more about heuristics (page 2-6 )

9. aieie

aieie Registered Member

If you are looking for HIPS working well together with NOD32 (for me, at least):

Prevx2

A welcome feature is that the software is free till it clean your first malware, then the 30 day trial starts.

Best Regards

10. gberns

gberns Registered Member

This is fine if you don't want to use RollbackRX. They don't play well together on my machine. I had to stop using Prevx to get Rollback to work. I rely on NOD32 and Winpatrol.

11. TonyDownUnder

TonyDownUnder Registered Member

In playing around I have found that NOD will play nicely with Cyberhawk, DefenseWall, System Safety Monitor, SafenSec.

I don't comment on the merits or otherwise of these except to note that like a poorly configured Firewall I suspect that too many users just 'allow' things to run on the assumption that it's okay. I found the learning curve to be steep for some of these apps and I did wonder if I had things set up correctly.:(

On a slightly different tack it will also work with Sandboxie, Green Border and BufferZone if your interested in trying a Sandbox.

Before changing to Vista I found that on XP NOD with Outpost and a Sandbox program were a fine combination. I'll probably return to that configuration when the Vista versions are available.;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.