Nod32 and greenborder

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by rollers, Dec 19, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rollers

rollers Registered Member

I have removed greenborder due to slowing problems with it, but now nod wont complete any scans it starts. I suspect the folder left behind from greenborder located in all users, application data/greenborder. I cannot for the life of me delete this folder !( nod crashes every time it tries to scan this) I have tried safe mode and a program that is supposed to delete on reboot to no avail. I am sure if I can get rid of this folder, all my problems will go away. Any other ideas other than a format, as it seems a bit severe to do that as everything else is running well.
    I have contacted greenborder but am still awaiting a reply. There is nothing I could find on their support site for this issue.
    Any suggestions will be greatfully recieved.

2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Could you please post here the information on installed NOD32 from your NOD32 Control center?

3. rollers

I will do when I get home ( at work at the mo)
    Its the latest 2.7.
    I tried uninstalling and reinstalling today to no avail.

4. trjam

trjam Registered Member

This has been discussed before. When you remove Greenborder it leaves a folder behind in, Documents and Setting, Application data, that you cant delete. It will also kick Nods scan off when started. If you contact Greenborders support, they will send you a zipfile to remove the last Greenborder folder. Then Nod will work fine.

5. rollers

Thanks very much for that...........you have saved me the problem of formatting and getting more grey hairs :D

It was doing just as you suggested, kicking off the scan. I am sure this will resolve it. I will let you know once greenborder have replied.

Regards Rollers

6. rollers

Ok, got the file from greenborder...........................it did absolutely nothing!
    Formatted now..............that'll teach me to try out new programs! Oh well, a lesson learned.

7. screamer

screamer Registered Member

Marcos, I'm having the same issue as rollers. I was able to delete the GreenBorder files via KillBox, Unlocker and some manual reg editing, but NOD32 still stops scanning. I re-installed GB and tried the fix GreenBorder sent me GBclean.zip, still no joy. Then I un-installed NOD and re-installed it... Here's the info you requested:

NOD32 antivirus system information
    Virus signature database version: 1934 (20061221)
    Dated: Thursday, December 21, 2006
    Virus signature database build: 8629

Information on other scanner support parts
    Advanced heuristics module version: 1.043 (20061209)
    Advanced heuristics module build: 1131
    Internet filter version: 1.002 (2004070:cool:
    Internet filter build: 1013
    Archive support module version: 1.050 (20060926)
    Archive support module build version: 1176

Information about installed components
    NOD32 For Windows NT/2000/XP/2003/Vista/x64 - Base
    Version: 2.70.16
    NOD32 For Windows NT/2000/XP/2003/Vista/x64 - Internet support
    NOD32 for Windows NT/2000/XP/2003/Vista/x64 - Standard component

Operating system information
    Platform: Microsoft Windows XP
    Version: 5.1.2600 Service Pack 2
    Version of common control components: 5.82.2900
    RAM: 1022 MB
    Processor: Intel(R) Celeron(R) CPU 2.40GHz (2394 MHz)

...screamer

8. trjam

trjam Registered Member

This is not Esets fault, it is Greenborders. I had to reformat my PC due to the file it left behind. I dont blame Eset for someone elses garbage. I would stay as far away from that crappy product Greenborder, as I could if I were any of you.

9. rollers

I am afraid that trjam is right...........I have now completed several hours of format and reloading to get back to normal. Oh well, lesson learned.............................until the next time:D

10. screamer

screamer Registered Member

not blaming Eset..., and I don't think my OP reflected that. Looking for a solution short of a re-install of Win XP.
    Unfortunately, I don't have FD-ISR on this box :(

...screamer

11. Siggi

Siggi Registered Member

Hi All,

There was a bug in the script that we where sending out to remove the c:\documents and settings\all users\application data\greenborder folder.

The fixed script GBCleanup.batcan be dowloaded from our KB:
    https://supportcenteronline.com/ics/support/default.asp?deptID=4049&task=download&folderID=21372

Please let us know if you have any issues removing the folder. The fixed script will be included in our next release.

Kind regards,
    Siggi Petursson
    Sr. Manager, QA & Support

12. Carver

Carver Registered Member

Whew! I almost bought Greenborders, I downloaded the Trial. It wouldn't recognize my HD configuration, I have Raid 0. I am trialing BufferZone instead.

13. Rilla927

Rilla927 Registered Member

Can you tell us when the next release will be? Will the fix for Firefox be included? I had to manually go in the registry with instructions at your site but still didn't get it to work right. When you right clicked GB FF was greyed out for unprotected.

Then I called Tech support and the fellow went in my PC and fixed it. GB does have excellent Tech support.

Merry Xmas & Happy New Year!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.