NOD32 and Gmail

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by -z3r0-, Jan 10, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. -z3r0-

-z3r0- Registered Member

I have my gmail set up to check through Microsoft Outlook and for some reason NOD32 doesnt scan it when a message is recieved. Is there anyway to change this?

I would use my ISP email but its got to be the crappiest email I have ever used there spam filters are set so high that I dont get 90% of my emails so I am forced to look elseware.

2. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

3. -z3r0-

-z3r0- Registered Member

Thanks I guess I will just have to be very carefull of emails

4. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

-z3r0-

Amon will intercept any virus before it can execute. Being careful with email is always a good idea. :)

5. -z3r0-

-z3r0- Registered Member

So even though it isnt scanned in an email, say I open a pic or something that is infected in the email AMON will detect it then just not on download?

6. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

Correct.

7. Atangel

Atangel Registered Member

Presuming you have them both (mail/resident) set up the same way, any Mail or Internet scanner is really a "nice to have" not a "need to have," more like an early warning system. The resident should catch it as well since that's its job and it is working off the same engine, heuristics, whatever.... The main idea is to keep the nasties on the other side of the fence form your system, to keep them from ever getting to you. Conversely, if the resident engine or heuristic or whatever doesn't recognize the nasty, neither will your scanners!

8. Huwge

Huwge Registered Member

I have my Gmail account to forward my email through to my normal email address and NOD scans. Hope that helps

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.