nod32 and email in combination with Comodo...

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by bhagabhi, Dec 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bhagabhi

bhagabhi Registered Member

I am having problems with the email client Sylpheed 2.4.7 and nod32-v3. I am using the Comodo Firewall Pro (v3) on Windows XPsp2, and it seems like my problems are related to the stuff that has been discussed in the "Software firewall made useless" thread, but since this is an email client and not a browser the workaround that was mentioned in that thread cannot be used. I am using gmail, and recieve mail through port 587, which is setup in the NOD settings, and I have Sylpheed checked in the Email Clients list. I have setup NOD to put a tag on all scanned mail, but I do not get any tags on any messages at all... Seems like the mail go through completely unchecked.

Anybody have a clue? Help would be much appreciated.

2. NodboN

NodboN Registered Member

I believe the actual gmail POP3 incoming server port number is 995 (and outgoing SMTP server port number is 465) unless you've personalized your POP3 port numbers for xyz reasons. I'm using them with Microsoft Outlook 2007 Enterprise. This has got nothing to do with your tagging problem - I just brought something I felt unusual, to your notice. Hope someone comes along to solve it for you. :thumb:

3. bhagabhi

bhagabhi Registered Member

Ah, I've got it solved - It is even in the FAQ under "Gmail - how to have NOD32 scan emails.", sometimes you don't look close enough...

Here if someone runs into the same problem.

A bit bothersome to have to have another program running just to scan the mail though... I solved it by forwarding my gmail messages to another mailadress not using SSL, so that problem is fixed.

Also - as mentioned I am running into the firewall stuffs mentioned in several threads, so I have actually reverted back to v2.7 at the moment, and there everything runs fine now.

I just hope that my (freshly bought) license is valid using that version too? - it doesn't give any info on license time that I can find, but does update nicely.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.