nod32 and Diskeeper 9

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by gergy, Nov 22, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gergy

gergy Registered Member

I cannot use Diskeeper 9 and NOD32 on the same PC (XP PRO SP2): Diskeeper just fails to start. As soon as NOD32 is removed, DK9 works fine... Anyone having tried this combination? (NOD32 2.12.3, DK9 build 504)

2. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

gergy

Did you try excluding Diskeeper in the Amon module? (Tray icon)

Or you can temporarily disable Amon while using Diskeeper.

3. gergy

gergy Registered Member

I've tried with Amon, Imon, Dmon disabled, to no avail.
    Only uninstalling NOD32 allows me to run Diskeeper 9.

4. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

gergy

I'll look around and see what I can find.

I happen to use Perfectdisk and there is no interference from NOD with this app.

5. Robertbb

Robertbb Registered Member

I contacted Executive's support on this. They're now using certain TCP ports with version 9. They said that they are having issues with antivirus and firewall software. Also with Internet Download Manger.

They said if the program (antivirus,firewall, etc) can't be configured to use different ports they will conflict. Basicly "Oh well" :mad:

After that he said that there was nothing they could do about it and closed my support ticket.

I've asked for a refund and switched to O&O Defrag. It doesn't conflict with NOD32.

6. myluvnttl

myluvnttl Registered Member

I used O&O and PerfectDisk and both work perfect with NOD 32. I prefer PerfectDisk.

7. PLeX?

PLeX? Registered Member

I run this combo...I recently upgraded systems and fresh installed Windows XP Pro SP2. Both old and new systems ran NOD32 2.12.3 and Diskeeper Pro 9.0.504.0. Neither system had any problems with running Diskeeper.

8. Gauthreau

Gauthreau Guest

I'm running the same setup with no problems. Never had a problem with the old install or the clean install I've recently done.

Neil

9. CARCHARODON

CARCHARODON Registered Member

why the hell would a disk defragmentor need to open portso_O

10. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

It's a shame diskeeper 9 won't work with nod. I use diskeeper 7 with nod and have no problems. I wonder what they changed in the two versions?

11. SaphireX

SaphireX Registered Member

I run Diskeeper9 Pro build 509 and NOD32 with no issues whatsoever...The earlier build "503" I believe had some issues regarding the user profile sometimes not unloading from the registry hive at logoff properly (W2000 event 1000 or WinXP event 1517; Win2003 event 1524)

User Profile Hive Cleanup Service

I heard that is one of the reasons that Executive Software released the 2nd 509 build.

The only version of Diskeeper 9 that needs to have ports open are the Server and Administrator versions.....

Saphire

12. gergy

gergy Registered Member

Same pb with DK 9 Pro 509... BTW, also PRO -not only Admin or Server editions.- needs to connect to 127.0.0.1 (localhost) for mcc.exe and dkservice.exe

13. SaphireX

SaphireX Registered Member

14. gergy

gergy Registered Member

I'm afraid it's not a firewall problem (I don't use the XP SP2 firewall), and as written above, uninstalling NOD32 solves the problem.

15. Ineke

Ineke Registered Member

Hai

I am using Diskeeper

Executive Software International, Inc.Versie: 9.0.504.0
    and the trial of nod32 2.12.3 and have not one problem, i have it on a win xp pro with sp2 and the windows firewall, still no problems, all works great....

first time it would not start with me eather, this because i had to configure MFT\pagingfile, you will find it in the options off diskeeper\tab change settings ,last option!!
    Then i have defragged the disk and then set a chedule.....now its defragging at scheduled base..

Works great...!!

Last edited: Nov 23, 2004
  16. gergy

gergy Registered Member

Problem solved with Diskeeper 9 build 511. Thanks for all feedback.

17. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

Good to see the issue was resolved, many thanks for keeping us aprised...

Cheers :D

18. rseiler

rseiler Registered Member

Not so fast. While I never had any problems simply running Diskeeper with NOD32 (2.12.3, XP) present, I am having a problem with Diskeeper run as a scheduled service:

"Faulting application svchost.exe, version 5.1.2600.2180, faulting module imon.dll, version 0.0.0.0, fault address 0x0000b5e4."

When this occurs, it's serious enough for Windows to automatically log off and gracefully restart the system, but it shouldn't be occuring in the first place.

I do have IMON enabled, but only for email (port 110); what that could possibly have to do with Diskeeper I don't know. According to TCPView, Dkservice.exe only uses port 31038.

I'm using Diskeeper 9.0.515, which is the latest.

In an effort to sidestep the problem, I've now gone into AMON and excluded the Diskeeper directory as well as svchost.exe (which is a Windows module that contains several services, including Diskeeper's), but I don't know if that will have any effect.

19. Capp

Capp Registered Member

I have XP Home SP1 running NOD32 and Diskeeper 9.0 and I have not had a single problem. I have it set to run on screen-saver mode and it has worked fine.
    I also do not use the XP Firewall.

20. rseiler

rseiler Registered Member

I also don't run the XP firewall, though I would hope that wouldn't matter one way or the other.

Do you have IMON disabled, partially enabled, or full enabled?

What version of NOD32?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.