NOD32 and Comodo V-engine issue?

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by acr1965, Jan 20, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. acr1965

acr1965 Registered Member

Hello. I have installed the Comodo verification engine as my phishing filter. But I am having issues with the V-engine being able to display legit sites properly. The V-engine is supposed to light a green border around a web browser as a sign of a legit site but I only am able to get the green border on https, not http. In other words, I can only see the green border on secure pages when I move my curser over the padlock logo, not on all pages. I also have IE 7 if that makes any difference.

In my opinion this is the potentially the best phishing filter available as it does not collect browser history, bookmarked pages, personally identifiable info, etc. to send to some database like most other phishing filters do. But it has some sort of issue with NOD32. I noticed on the Comodo site that a user of Avast! paused that program's web scanning ability and it caused the V-engine to work properly. Could something like IMON be the issue in my situation? Any suggestions as to how I could manage my NOD32 settings to allow V-engine to run properly?

Thanks.

2. BFG

BFG Registered Member

Hello,

Did you try to exclude it from IMON to see if that would resolve it?

BFG

3. acr1965

How would I do that?

4. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

Control Centre> IMON> Setup> Miscellaneous (tab)> Exclusions> Edit

Cheers :D

5. acr1965

Will try that. Thanks!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.