nod32 and bittorent conflict?

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by kairii, Sep 13, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kairii

kairii Registered Member

hi,

BT was working fine on my comp b4 i installed nod32, and now my bittorent program would just freezes and stops downloading if i leave it on for a while. This only happened after i have installed nod32 this week. I'm not 100% sure that nod32 is causing this but 99% chances are it is. I also notice that the bittorent program is listed under IMON and i changed it to full compatibility mode but the problem still won't go away. I havent tested turning off IMON yet because i don't want to. I wanna know if it is possible to exclude a program from IMON?

laters

2. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

See here to see if there is a solution that can help you.

Hope this helps...

Cheers :D

3. kairii

kairii Registered Member

thanks for the quick reply as always :), but i already searched and checked out that post....couldnt find anything helpful thats y i made this thread...

4. arrowsmithmidwest

arrowsmithmidwest Registered Member

i didn't read blackspears hypertext link but i can excluded things from imon fine, just go into the settings.

5. kairii

kairii Registered Member

hi there, can you be a lil bit more specific as what do i have to do to exlude a program from the Comaptibility list? coz i don't think you can remove it from the list. thanks

6. sard

sard Registered Member

What firewall are you using? I experienced this exact behaviour when using Zonealarm. Version 4.5 would cause any BT client to use 100% CPU and version 5 caused the connection to just die after a certain period.

I'm currently using NOD32 with IMON enabled and have no problems with the Azureus BT client. I have switched to Kerio firewall though.

7. Blackspear

Go to Nod32 Control Centre> IMON> Setup> Miscellanious> Exclusion> Edit> Add

Hope this helps...

8. pollux

pollux Registered Member

I think you'd want to exclude the program from IMON scanning (as per the instructions above) rather than from the IMON Compatibility list.

On the Compatibility list, you'd want to choose "higher compatibility" rather than "higher efficiency," although this setting shouldn't really matter if the program in question has been excluded from IMON scanning overall.

pollux

9. kairii

kairii Registered Member

i'm using ZApro 4.5 as well, but don't think it causes BT to freeze coz BT was working fine b4 i installed nod32.....

anyhow, i've now added my BT prog to the exclusion list, and BT is working fine agian...so thanks guys.....really helpful :)

10. Blackspear

Good to see :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.