Nod32 [4] (File Locked) Error.

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by EvilOzzness, Jul 20, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EvilOzzness

EvilOzzness Registered Member

I am a fairly new user of the Nod32 Program and I am having a slight issue with the scanning process. When the scans are completed I am notified that all of my files are locked and cannot be opened.

The error in question looks like this:
    C:\hiberfil.sys - error opening (File licked) [4]
    And it repeats itself on every file it scans and when the scan is complete there is a note and the bottom of those which states:

[4] File cannot be opened. It may be in use by another application or operating system.

To my knowledge I only have one operating system and no other applications are running while I conduct these scans. My C Drive is in fact not locked, I leave that opened for obvious reasons. ;)

My Operating system is Windows XP SP2 and the version of Nod32 I am using is 1.1670 (20060720) NT. I do not know if this is normal or if this is causing this program to not be able to scan and protect my system.

I have recently had to restore my computer back to the beginning due to an attack which caused my system to delete all of its own data at a rapid pace, that issue has been taken care of but I do not have any theories on why this is happening when there is no obvious cause.

Any help or suggestions on this would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks,
    Ozzy

Note: I apologize if this was not the proper section to post this.

2. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Hello . You have no problems . this is normal . Files which are in BLUE are locked because :
    They are either Windows files ,files in the system folder , files for your user accounts , other user files which are made private , password-protected ...or ..etc) . No problem about them . Files in RED are threats .

Learn how to protect your computer

Also , since you are new NOD32 user , read this and configure your NOD32 correctly
    https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=37509

:)

3. EvilOzzness

EvilOzzness Registered Member

Thank you so vey, very much! I shall do that right away,

Cheers mate. :)
    -Ozzy

4. ASpace

ASpace Guest

You are welcome !!! :thumb: ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.