Nod32 3.0 RC why ?

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security v3 Beta Forum' started by boromeo666, Sep 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. boromeo666

boromeo666 Registered Member

Hi

I did a manual scan of my 2 drives and Nod 3.0 detected no threats
    but later when i wanted to install a program that was in a rar archive it detected trojan

So why Nod32 3.0 didn't the threat while doin the manual scan ?

o_O

also in the protection status it says it detected 3 threats but in the log files i have only 1 of them which is win32/Bandok
    Nod32 cleaned it and snet it in quarantine but what about the 3 other threats ?

2. freesurfer

freesurfer Registered Member

I'm guessing, like most people, you haven't tweaked your ThreatSense engines. Go to the on-demand scanning settings, select the profile you'd be using often (or do it to all profiles), setup the ThreatSense engine for the that profile. In the setup, under object, make sure that the Archives is checked (and Runtime packers if your rar is an exe... i think ;)) Under Options, make sure that all are checked (you can tweak it later).

Please remember that like the current v2.7, it has several ThreatSense engine setup. If there is a certain functionality that it seemed to fail detecting, make sure to check its ThreatSense engine setup.

Regards

3. boromeo666

boromeo666 Registered Member

Thank you for your reply :) Well everything is checked only Potentially unsafe applications wasn't checked it could be cause of that:cautious:

4. freesurfer

freesurfer Registered Member

I'm sure by the time you've read this you'd have either compared the ThreatSense engine setup for the real-time protection and the on-demand or performed a test. Either way hope it works :) .

Regards

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.