NOD32 3.0.672 and TrueCrypt 6.1 Issue

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by Ghost96, Dec 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ghost96

Ghost96 Registered Member

Hey all!

I was previously trying out the ESS product to see how the firewall was, but ran into some issues because of the VPN clients that I use on my system.

So...I said forget it - I'll just go back to the standard AV product for now.

I have my entire OS encrypted with TrueCrypt 6.1 and ESS had no issues with that.

Now, after uninstalling ESS and restarting, then installing the standard AV, I'm getting a message stating:

"12/5/2008 10:03:04 AM Startup scanner boot sector MBR sector of the 0. physical disk probably unknown TSR.BOOT virus unable to clean"

Obviously it's not a virus, and ESS didn't have an issue with it so I'm not sure why I'm having a problem now? I wanted to post because I saw no one else talking about it and didn't know if this was a program update that was going to resolve this in the future (if it IS an issue) or if I need to make some kind of exclusion so it doesn't try to replace my MBR and hose my system.

Any thoughts on this?

Thanks!

2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

I'd suggest contacting the customer care. They will provide you a tool that will help fix the alert.

3. Ghost96

Ghost96 Registered Member

Thanks - I'm a reseller so I can always talk with my contacts about it as well. I did temporarily disable it from scanning for boot sector viruses and that's got me working perfectly.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.