Nod32 3.0.667 Update problem Update says current when it still on 3192

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by vbuckjr, Jun 26, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vbuckjr

vbuckjr Registered Member

I updated from 3.0.x to 3.0.667 and now it wont update virus database. It is at 3192 and when I try to update it says it is current even though 3218 is latest.

Have updated 3 computers 2 XP Pro, and 1 Vista all 3 having the problem.

I have removed from control panel & manually removed from program files & reinstalled. Which is how I updated them by the way. What next??

2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Do you have the update server set to "Choose automatically"? If so, let me know and I'll provide you with further instructions. You might also try clearing the update cache, just in case. This option is available in the main update setup panel.

3. vbuckjr

Yes it is set automatically, and while I was checking on that setting I also tried clearing the update cache like you suggested but still not recognizing it needs to update. Waiting on further instructions, thanks.

4. vbuckjr

Following modified instructions in this kb article:
    http://training.eset.com/kb/index.ph...&articleid=812

has solved the problem for the Vista and XP computers the modified part is I was able to skip step one thankfully and not have to boot into safe mode. I was able to delete all files suggested for Vista and XP without rebooting then I was able to run the update successfully without rebooting, I will monitor to make sure it works automatically from this point forward.

5. dorgane

dorgane Guest

6. vbuckjr

Marcos,
    question I know how to fix the update problem but I just installed v3.0.667 on another computer, and I uninstall nod32 reboot remove eset folder from program files before I push the install package out using the RAS. Looks like every computer I try to upgrade to 3.0.667 is having this update problem until I remove the files listed in the above Knowledge base I posted above.

This is not acceptable for automating this process is their a fix?

7. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

I have tried installing ESS 3.0.565 (both updated and outdated) and pushing 3.0.667 to that computer. It worked fine in either case and I didn't notice any problems.

If there is a way how to replicate this at any time, please let me know, I'll do my best to replicate it and fix it with our developers.

8. vbuckjr

I am actually using EAV3.0.667 and not ESS maybe the problem is with the EAV build? Let me know what you find out.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.