Nod32 3.0.650 with Kerio 6.5.1sp1

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by edwin3333, May 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. edwin3333

edwin3333 Registered Member

Running Kerio 6.5.1sp1 with KOFF connector. Upgraded to Nod32 3.0.650 with outlook integration. I keep getting the following error;

There was a synchronization conflict concerning the 'Inbox_Infected Items' subfolder of the 'Top of Personal Folders' folder.
    You haven't appropriate rights to create the folder on the server.

As a solution, the folder has been moved to the 'Conflicts' folder.

This is only an informational message generated by Kerio Outlook Connector engine. You don't have to take any further action.

I have tried modifying Nod32 to move infected files to Deleted folder, but this error still occurs. Any ideas how to fix it? Thank you.

2. edwin3333

edwin3333 Registered Member

To answer my own question;

I found the problem. eSet nod32 is trying to created "Infected Items" at the root of Kerio shared folders which I don't have the proper rights to. So it creates a Conflicts folder and in that there are hundreds of "Infected Items" folders.

The fix is to create an "Infected Items" folder at the root of each and every shared folder, including Public & Group shared folders. Then give the proper ACLs to each and every one of these shared folders so that users have Edit permissions, or better.

This kinda sucks, but it seems to work. This occurs even if I tell Nod to leave files alone, to move them to deleted items, or to delete them. It still tries to create "Infected Items" no matter what -- unless I disable Outlook Integration.

That is with KOFF.

Kerio KOC has other issues where it can just lockup with Nod32 3.0 Outlook integration. Doesn't affect all users, but enough that we had to disable it.

Last edited: May 16, 2008
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.