NOD32 2.7 vs Task Scheduler Windows Vista RC2

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 v3 Beta Forum' started by Donald?, Oct 28, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Donald?

Donald? Registered Member

Problems of compatibility between NOD32 2.7 Beta and Windows Vista Build 5744 - RC2.

Windows Vista Task Scheduler no runs ok after NOD32 2.7 installation, appers in the Event Viewer all boot times:

ERROR: Task Scheduler service has encountered RPC initialization error in "RpcServerUseProtseq:ncacn_ip_tcp". Additional Data: Error Value: 14.

Source: Task Scheduler
    Event ID: 404
    Task Category: Service RPC error
    Level: Critical

Uninstalling NOD32 2.7 the Windows Vista Task Scheduler runs OK, no errors messages in Event Viewer after uninstall.

Any suggestion to solve this bug ??

2. nadirah

nadirah Registered Member

I guess its not fully compatible with Vista at this stage. It's a possibility I do not rule out. Maybe you should wait for ESET to release an update to resolve the issue.
    In the meantime, you may consider experimenting with other AVs on Vista to see how they work?

3. blaine

blaine Registered Member

This may be related to my problem somehow. After installing NOD32 in Vista, the Vista built in defragmenter will no longer open or work.

4. Donald?

The Vista TasK Scheduler have by default a lot of tasks such as defragmenter, backup, index search, Windows Defender Update, system restore, etc and all features related with TASK SCHEDULER dont works fine after NOD32 2.7 installation.

Unfortunately NOD32 2.7 IS NOT FULLY COMPATIBLE with Windows Vista just like announced.

Last edited: Oct 28, 2006
  5. NOD32 user

NOD32 user Registered Member

That is why it is so far called a Beta release.

Cheers :)

6. The Nodder

The Nodder Registered Member

In a forum I'm on some members installed the beta in Vista RC2 with no problems.

7. Donald?

I know this is a Beta release and have bugs, but a would like to know if have a workaround to avoid the Winsock Provider of NOD32 2.7 continuously provoke errors on RPC Service startup.

8. phpmaven

phpmaven Registered Member

Just installed 2.7 on RC2 and I have the same task scheduler problem. I guess I'm back to Windows OneCare :(

9. blaine

blaine Registered Member

same :(

10. geircito

geircito Registered Member

11. Donald?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.