NOD32 2.7 patch and context menu

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by Kniht, Mar 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kniht

Kniht Registered Member

I uninstalled v3 and reinstalled v2.7. Checked the right click context menus on folders and files and NOD32 antivirus system was reflected. Ran Secunia's psi and it showed that version 2.7 had some vulnerabilities so I downloaded and installed the 2.7 patch.

After installation of the patch, NOD32 is no longer shows up on any context menu.

How can I get the on-demand scanner back on the context menu?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

2. ASpace

ASpace Guest

2.70.39 is not vulnerable . You made a mistake by installing some 3rd part non-ESET "patch" . Uninstall the patch , uninstall NOD32 , reboot , use System Restore to get your system back and install clean NOD32 2.7

3. Kniht

Kniht Registered Member

I was running NOD32 2.70.23 which did have vulnerabilities. The patch in question was not a third party patch as per inquiry to ESET:

Update for Case #97125 - "version 2.70.23 patch"

An ESET Customer Care Representative has updated this case with the following information:

Hello,

Yes, 2.70.39 is valid and is the latest version for 2.70.

Thank you,
    ESET Technical Support

To respond, simply reply to this e-mail.

Anyway, all that aside, I have NOD32 set to confirm download of component updates. When I reinstalled 2.70.23 after uninstalling v3, I was notified of component updates so I allowed the updates. After the component updates the context menu entries again went missing. Thanks to HiTech_boy mentioning 2.70.39, I went to the ESET website and download such. Instead of doing an overlay of component updates to the version I already had installed, I uninstalled 2.70.23 and did a clean install of 2.70.39. Everything now works fine and the context menu entries are there. Next time if I am notified of any component updates, I'll go directly to the ESET website and do another clean install.

4. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Well , there won't be *next time* because v2 is no longer developed so there will be no further program component upgrades for it . It is v3 which is currently under developement and improvement.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.