NOD32 2.7 enviromental variables issue

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by knockknock, Oct 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. knockknock

knockknock Registered Member

Im having an issue on one of my Windows 2003 servers running 2.7, for some reason I'm getting that program component upgrade issue relating to the environmental variables TEMP and TMP in Windows and how NOD32 writes to them.

I've have had this happen before and was able to correct the issue on different machines, but this one wont correct no matter what I do.

I uninstalled NOD completely from the server and reinstalled, it looked like it updated properly up to signature 3555 then it hung up again.

AMON is enabled and scanning, but if I try a manual update to the signature it wont update to 3560. (regardless if I do an update from my mirror or going out to ESET's servers on the net)

o_O

2. anotherjack

anotherjack Registered Member

Have you made sure that the directories referenced by the TMP and TEMP environment variables actually exist? I've had a few instances where that has not been the case, and this is the exact symptom that was exhibited. Once I created the directories, everything straightened out just fine.

3. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Also check permissions and make sure the local system accounts has full control (r/w).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.