NOD32 2.7 disables VMware Unity

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by ErwinHeute, Jan 30, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ErwinHeute

ErwinHeute Registered Member

I'm using NOD32 V2.7 (all updates installed) and the product definitely prevents VMware Workstation Unity mode from working (when I deinstall NOD32, Unity mode works perfectly well).

My environment is Intel 4 core, 8 GB RAM, ATI Radeon 1950pro, and Windows XP Prof. 64bit.

Any ideas?

Erwin

2. agoretsky

agoretsky Eset Staff Account

Hello,

Have you tried disabling or unloading any of NOD32 v2.7's modules? If so, did this make any difference?

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

3. ErwinHeute

Hi,

sorry for the late reply, I was on vacation.

Yes, I disabled, basically everything and it didn't make any difference. After uninstalling the product, Unity in VMware Workstation immediately worked fine. This has also been reported by other NOD32 users in the VMware forum.

Regards,
    Erwin

4. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

I'd suggest installing ESET NOD32 Antivirus (v3) or v4 beta to see if it makes a difference. V3 provides much better protection against malware than v2.

5. ErwinHeute

OK, I wasn't even aware that a version 3 is available. Why is this not being covered by the automatic update mechanism? I installed version 3 and it fixed the problem: VMware Unity is now working.

Thanks,
    Erwin

6. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Because there are still a lot of people who prefer to stick with v2 as long as possible.

7. agoretsky

agoretsky Eset Staff Account

Hello,

If you are using a bridged network connection with VMware, I would suggest looking at the Release Candidate for ESET NOD32 Antivirus v4.0. It specifically contains support for this type of network connection.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

8. ErwinHeute

OK, I'm indeed using this. I'll take a look into this beta, thanks for the hint.

Erwin

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.