nod32 2.5 impressions

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by lodore, Aug 12, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lodore

lodore Registered Member

Hi

I would like to post what like and dont like about nod32.

I like the way when you right click on the icon it doesnt have a right click menu and instead it opens up the interface. e.g. bitdefender has a right click menu that has the quit button at the bottom and if you click it it doesnt even say are you sure you wish to do this which means you have no av protection and is easy to turn off by mistake i know other avs have a quit button as well.

light footprint.

great compatiblity with other programs.

fast scanning. great detection of course I know nod32 misses some viruses and same with kaspersky no av can detect it all but they can come close.

I really like the idea that black spear has a thread about some setting it up well done!!.

In the end I like the two panel look.

you can change indervidial parts e.g imon and the rest.

what I dont like now.

I dont like that you cant exclude files from on demand scanning.

imon gets to close on the winsocket and screws it up sometimes.

you should have only scan new and changed files only option like kaspersky.

any comments welcome

Lodore

2. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

although nod32 doesnt have this for its on-demand scanner, u can use the "Optimize scanning" option for AMON. i think Blackspear's guide has this option checked.

also thanx for sharing your impressions :thumb:

3. aigle

aigle Registered Member

i am not using it and just ran a trial a few day but i wished it,s GUI to be better, esp i did not like 2 panels, liked KIS more in this regard but it is a subjectie feeling, otherwise it,s my favourite.

4. Togg

Togg Registered Member

I've been using NOD32 for nearly two years now and have not had any reason to doubt my decision to switch from NAV. I'm using an underpowered '98 computer with limited resources, so the light footprint is important to me.

To be fair, NAV only gave me one FP and one corrupted Live Update that needed an uninstall/reinstall to correct, but that, plus the withdrawal of support for 2003 versions, was enough to justify the switch to NOD. I am also very impressed with definitions updates up to four times a day!

5. lodore

lodore Registered Member

i once used Nav i bet not many people in this forum cant say they havent the live update corropted on me like 20 times in the four years i used it. atm im using f-secure great detection cos it uses kav engine but its a bit resourse heavy

6. lodore

lodore Registered Member

i have read in alot of nod32 inteviews online that it can do 1.3gb's per minute how can i get that output on my test pc? or as close as possible to that?

7. rothko

rothko Registered Member

I really like the current GUI, but I have been using NOD for 5+ years and was using the old NOD with the really seperate components (and AMON's pulsating thing...what was it, can't remember? an eye or a heart thing....). So the Control Centre was a huge improvement when it arrived.

...and don't forget that version 3 (don't ask, other threads are available!) is rumoured to come with an extreme makeover ;)

8. lodore

lodore Registered Member

anyone else got any comments about my post?

9. NOD32 user

NOD32 user Registered Member

The actual throughput is dependant on your own systems hardware since things like CPU speed, RAM and hard disk access times are the limiting factors for how fast your PC will do anything.

Cheers :)

10. lodore

lodore Registered Member

very true. im just wondering what people think about nod32 and what they think about what is have posted and if they agree or disagree. and what points other people like and dislike about it

11. nameless

nameless Registered Member

Why would you like this behavior? I've always loathed it. The NOD32 Control Panel appears when you left click the tray icon as well. So why not leave the left click behavior in place, and add a right click menu as well? NOD32 already has a warning in place when you try to exit the NOD32 Control Panel, and you can also add a password on top of that. And even beyond that, closing the NOD32 Control Panel does not disable NOD32--it just disables its alerts.

I could take it or leave it, but it sure would be nice if they remembered their size, position, and column widths. I find it very annoying to constantly have to move/resize the window, and resize columns, to view things within it. To me, this is borderline sadistic software interface design!

12. snowbound

snowbound Retired Moderator

I wouldn't go as far as too say it's sadistic but yes, it is annoying imho and is one feature i could do without....

snowbound

13. q1aqza

q1aqza Registered Member

I agree. Better use would be a right-click menu that should include an UPDATE option - when every so once in a while you have to keep hitting it to get an update :rolleyes: . It would be much quicker/easier than opening the GUI o_O

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.