NOD32 2.5 - Comments & opinions

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 v3 Beta Forum' started by Marcos, Mar 30, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stan999

Stan999 Registered Member

It seemed to me the beta is much better tweaked with the default setting.

I noticed that AMON had already marked:
    Signatures
    Heuristics
    Adware/Spyware
    Runtime Packers
    Self Extracting Archives
    Advanced Heuristics

As far as the NOD32 on demand scanner the "In depth analysis" button would cover most folks.

As for as IMON the default already had marked:
    Signatures
    Heuristics
    Advanced Heuristics
    Adware/Spyware
    Archives
    Self Extracting Archives
    Run time Packers
    Scan all files

The only thing I noticed not marked by default was "Potentially dangerous applications" in AMON and IMON. Also in Amon "Scan all files" if you wanted to choose that instead of the default extentions.

So it would seem to me that the default settings in the beta do cover most of the options and provides comprehensive protection.

I just don't see where, as you posted in another post, that it would take "100 more" mouse clicks to max everything out?

2. Stan999

Stan999 Registered Member

Re: Settings for Max Protection

Could you make a post of what you would add to the beta's default settings.
    That might be helpful.

Thanks,

3. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

Re: Settings for Max Protection

G'day Stan, I will do when it goes to final release.

Cheers :D

4. WilliamP

WilliamP Registered Member

Blackspear, that will be great. I know that everyone will appreciate that.

5. The Gorilla

The Gorilla Registered Member

The beta with its additions looks great, but as a bit of a newbie when the finished article due for release.

6. p51d007

p51d007 Registered Member

The only "problem" I had was trying to install 2.5 over the current version
    of Nod32 (I had process guard on "learning" mode).
    It said it was done and needed to reboot. Upon reboot, Nod32 was still on
    v2.13x
    So, I disconnected my broadband connection, shut down nod32, uninstalled it, rebooted, installed 2.5 and it took that time, showed 2.5 on the info page.
    No other problems on my end......works perfectly!

7. fosius

fosius Registered Member

When I quarantine known virus(worm..and so on) for example Win32/Aliz.A NOD32 Control Center allows you to send it to ESET as sample... I think this should be fixed...

8. rdsu

rdsu Registered Member

The connections issues are fixed in the beta version by updates or we have to wait for a new beta?

Thanks

9. alex T

alex T Registered Member

Incompatibility with ahead Nero InCD under Win 98SE

The problem happens when I try to copy a file from my HD to the CD-RW. When the copy is quite finished (5 to 10 s remaining) the PC hangs completely. Only small files can be copied (less than 1 Mo)
    If I disable AMON it works. I didn’t manage to find the file at the origin. I try to exclude all InCD related files but it didn’t work. On another PC under Win XP there is no problem. I returned back to 2.12.3 and now it’s fine again.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2005
  10. Emniman

Emniman Registered Member

Well.The beat breaks the sound on my machine . I have a Asus A8N Sli deluxe with nvidia 6.53 drivers and when i install the beta my sounds disapear and when im trying 2 open the sound controller (mixer) it says that this program has tried 2 access the runtime library in an unusal way. o_Oo_O?
    I unstalled it and reinstalled 2.12.3 and everythings work again.

I did a second test of installing it again . First i removed the old installation - cleaned the reg. and installed the beta but same thing again.

Anyone that seen this before?

11. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

use the realtek drivers, not the nvidia drivers. hope that helps

12. Firecat

Firecat Registered Member

NVIDIA SoundStorm drivers have had audio problems with every nForce-powered PC I've seen till date. My cousin just disabled the SoundStorm and ran the normal RealTek audio codec with RealTek drivers and now it works perfectly. While he does not run NOD32, NAV and many other dev programs also caused this problem with the SoundStorm drivers.

The SoundStorm drivers are just too buggy and have conflicts with quite a few applications - Try using the Realtek drivers as WSFuser said.

Regards,
    Firecat :)

13. NOD32 user

NOD32 user Registered Member

14. rdsu

rdsu Registered Member

Re: NOD32 2.5 - Comments & opinions (IMON server exlusion wildcard please)

I'm testing this beta again and until now it seems that everything works fine...

Let me see if it works for more time... ;)

15. cdysthe

cdysthe Registered Member

Hi,

I like the new adware/spyware functionality, but what does it do exactly? How does it compare to standalone adware/spyware applications when it comes function and efficiency?

I guess my question really is: How far into the Ad-Aware/Spybot S&D areas has nod32 now moved?

16. Firecat

Firecat Registered Member

Currently I believe NOD is in the top 5 AV's for adware/spyware detection from the tests made by Firefighter. There are no pro tests yet, however, so we may just have to wait and watch.

17. Hekx

Hekx Registered Member

I am interested in seeing how NOD32 2.5 beta handles malicious software with its new features. To be honest, I would be happy if it was only able to detect the real nasties and more common spyware and malware threats.

18. WilliamP

WilliamP Registered Member

I was reluctant to download the Beta so I waited a few days. I couldn't stand any longer so I downloaded it over the old one. It went like a dream. No problems . I am a happy camper.

19. Blackspear

Error submission bubble should stay in site and not disappear; you should have to close it.

Attached Files:

20. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

The bubble will appear at a later time if it disappears. I reckon it's a matter of the system itself that the bubble disappears automatically (sorry, we didn't invent Windows :- )

21. Blackspear

It reappears quickly 3 times and disappears just as quick. It needs to stay on until closed, exactly the same as virus updates notification does.

22. mikel108

mikel108 Registered Member

Download and installation went flawless.

To start with, I normally like a prog that is set and forget, and does not ask to much participation. Also, this PC is mostly used for the Internet and I use Yahoo!Mail. I am frugal and therefore try to use as much free stuff as possible. This is because I do not want to get into buying several different programs to protect my PC when I can format it in a matter of a few hours. Its not worth the cost to me. KAV and maybe Bitdefeder seem to be the only products that search for all types of nasties. NAV and McAfee will but, once again, you have to buy all the products as seperate modules.

That was before this new beta of NOD. I would pay for an all in one product, to save me the trouble of running many. I like that it will search for trojans (big trojan update not long ago). I like it searching for spyware (new in beta). And I know that it has a great virus detection record.

KAV was the only other product that I have found that I would pay this kind of money for, yet the ADS, and general slowdown made me steer clear of a purchase. Now Eset has peeked my interest, and if this works well I can honestly say that I would be willing to fork out money for this all in 1.

thanks

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.