nod3.0 566 question

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by kaminikij, Nov 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kaminikij

kaminikij Registered Member

I just downloaded and as usual I am lost to what settings to use. Can you point me in the right direction, please. Thanks so much
    kaminikij

2. SteveBlanchard

SteveBlanchard Registered Member

3. Bitten By C Bug

Bitten By C Bug Registered Member

If Version 3 leave at default and make sure you do configure your email pop3 client.. All working fine here with such and Vista..

4. ASpace

ASpace Guest

5. kaminikij

I have already uninstalled it and reverted back to the other. This new version really made a mess of my computer. I could get online no problem but it would take several minutes to load a page and sometimes no matter how long I waited the page wouldnt open. I couldnt even get on amazon.com.Then I started having crashes, "internet explorer encountered an error and must close" app name iexplore.exe
    app ver 7.0.6000.1654
    Mod name unknown
    mod ver0.0.0.0
    offset be091051
    module 99
    msvcp60.dll
    broweui.dll
    after uninstalling I am still getting the same error message. My computer ran perfectly before upgrading .Can you help me out with this one? Believe me I will never upgrade to the new version. I am so upset over this.

6. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

You might want to list your operating system, other security programs you are running, and anything else that might help someone help you.

7. DE Retiree

DE Retiree Registered Member

I also "upgraded" from 2.7 to 3.0.566 a couple of days ago and note that internet page loading (Firefox 2.0.0.10) is much slower than with 2.7 (no other changes to any software or hardware) ... pages take maybe 3 to 4 times longer to load. All program openings seem to take 2 to 4 times longer to load as well. Any suggestions? Thanks.

I'm running Windows Vista Business, Dell 8400 with 3.4 Pentium and 2 gigs RAM, Webroot SpySweeper, Windows Defender, Windows Firewall, WinPatrol.

.... DE Retiree

8. sandman423

sandman423 Registered Member

I am also Having Issues...

I am on Windows XP SP2...Mozilla Firefox 2.0.0.10...

Node 32 v3.0.566 Slows my Internet Loading Connection...

I am using Comodo Firewall Pro v3 and Nod32 and it seems to run ok but the internet is SO SLOW!!!

9. poutine

poutine Registered Member

i'm back to 2.7 permanently.Apart from the graphical fluff of 3 theres nothing in it to justify updating. 2.7 does me fine. ;)

Last edited: Nov 27, 2007
  10. themadgamer

themadgamer Registered Member

Hmm,

My set up:

Windows XP SP2 - current
    Comodo Firewall Pro 3.0.13
    Firefox 2.0.0.10
    Thunderbird 2.0.0.9
    Superspysweeper (manual run)

Added Nod AV 3.0.566

Everything running smoothly, no slow down.

Maybe you have too much other stuff running?

11. kaminikij

I am running windows xp sp2 with Ie7 and windows firewall.I use ewido micro scanner on occasion.Nothing else.
    kaminikij

12. YadaYada

YadaYada Registered Member

kaminikij

You could do a system restore to a point just previous to the NOD ver 3 install

13. SteveBlanchard

SteveBlanchard Registered Member

14. kaminikij

I have already attempted that. I do not have a restore point to go back too.
    Why would esset release a version like this? I depend on my computer for shopping,etc. I spent $200 to have it reformatted some months ago and it was perfect up to installing nod. So now what, reformat again? Not only the error messages but its unstable.

15. Big Apple

Big Apple Frequent Poster

It's really time you find a handy neighbour, who's capable of helping you with formatting/installing etc. It's just plain criminal asking $ 200,= for reformatting. For a handy hobby user, it's a piece of cake!

16. poutine

$200 !!!!!!!! :eek: :eek:
    Very first thing i ever learnt 10 years ago was how to format/reinstall an O.S ;)

17. kaminikij

I dont think the point is if I reformat myself or have a handyman or pay a tch. The point is Nod caused my grief. Due to personall circumstances I would rather not discuss I am limited and depend very heavily on my PC.

18. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Huh ! $200 ?!

This site knows more about installing/reinstalling Windows than most techs:
    http://www.windowsreinstall.com/

Use it and learn yourself to reinstall your Windows :thumb:

19. GAN

GAN Registered Member

I have to agree, but i also like the old 2.7 GUI. I really miss a "what's new in 3.0" list from eset. So far i havn't seen any official statement from eset to describe the new features of 3.0. What i can see using the GUI doesn't really justify a upgrade as you already said. I got a feeling eset spent a lot of time with the development of ESS and not that much time to enhance nod32. The result is a new GUI with few enhancements.....if any. Since i'm happy with 2.7 i don't really care for now, but i'm not sure if i will ever upgrade to 3.0 so when 2.7 is no longer supported i will consider another product.

20. poutine

I'm pretty sure after all the trouble of V.3 that 2.7 will be supported wayyyyyyyy past our subscription ends.
    :)

21. NOD32 user

NOD32 user Registered Member

Cause of the issue should be either NOD32 v2.7 did not un-install properly or else there is some other application (that you possible may not be aware of) that was impacted by installing v3

Did you perform an upgrade (install over) of v2.7 or did you un-install it first?

Possibly it will help if you do the following (at your own risk of course as I have no way of knowing all the ins and outs of your PC) and it sounds like you have already reverted back to v2.7 so I will begin with that assumption:

Download a fresh full NOD32 v2.7 and a fresh full v3 EAV or ESS (the same as you tried last time -the one that you have a licence for)

Disconnect from the net

Install the fresh v2.7 over the current v2.7 rebooting as required and once afterwards even if you don't need to
    Un-install v2.7 and remove every ESET folder and registry entry on your PC rebooting as required and once afterwards even if you don't need to

Don't go on the net with no protection, but if it now works correctly then good.

Repair Winsock rebooting as required and once afterwards even if you don't need to

If it now works correctly then good.

Install the fresh v3 rebooting as required and once afterwards even if you don't need to
    Un-Install v3 and remove every ESET folder and registry entry on your PC rebooting as required and once afterwards even if you don't need to

In your browser go to the tools menu and click on 'Internet Options' then on the tab called 'Advanced' and then the 'Reset' button near the bottom - follow the prompts and wait till it finishes and 'OK' out of the menu rebooting as required and once afterwards even if you don't need to

Repair Winsock rebooting as required and once afterwards even if you don't need to

If it now works correctly then good, re-install your preferred NOD32 version.

You may find this post by HiTech_boy a useful reference during the above process -https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showpost.php?p=1115597&postcount=2 - but note that I have more ESET folders on my PC, for example:
    C:\Documents and Settings\your user\Application Data\Eset
    and I would probably clean out all the temp folders I can find before each install as well.

Please post back to let us know how you get on either way (or if somebody has a better suggestion, now is the time!)

Cheers :)

22. kaminikij

Unfortunately that didnt help much. My Pc tells me I need to defrag, I do it and it still says to defrag. I run disk cleaner and it removes 15-25000kb of temp files and maybe 60 kb of offline files and I click on the internet then click it right off,open disk cleaner and and it will show anothe 10,000 or up temp files.Very excessive. If I try to reinstall windows myself what do I need to uninstall first?

23. windstrings

windstrings Registered Member

I"m wondering if its a Vista issue.....

I run XP Pro and I installed over my old 2.7 and I've done it on 4 machines now... I think my XP systems may even be faster than when running 2.7.

I did notice there is a setting for the browser, but I left that at defaults....

I just seems like everyone having slowdown problems seems to be running Vista too?

24. poutine

V.3 doesnt slow anything on my XP Pro test machine, but it has too many bugs for me to use on my workhorse !!! I have to disable O.E integration, hope that gets fixed soon, eset say it is going to be, but the next update seems a long way off. :doubt:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.