NOD2 Beta 2

Discussion in 'NOD32 Early v2 Beta' started by Phil, Feb 12, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Phil

Phil Registered Member

Is everybody here asleep at the wheel? :D :D

Be advised you still must enter your user and pass on the first update even if you put them in on install. They are there but not accepted until you re-enter.

Oh -- download from your own server. The version on the ESET home site is not in English. Well, what are you waiting for. :cool:

Phil

2. puff-m-d

puff-m-d Registered Member

I had the beta 1 installed and it detected and upgraded to beta 2 automaticly. My user name and password were carried over with no problems.

Looking great so far... Going to do a full system scan in a bit.... Will report back with the results...

Regards,
    Kent

3. bowhuntr

bowhuntr Registered Member

Same here. Beta 1 detected and updated to Beta 2 with no problems. No need to put username and password in at all.

bowhuntr

4. Phil

Phil Registered Member

You guys are a little more brave than I -- either that or I have tested a few too many betas. :D

I always do a complete uninstall and reg clean between beta versions of any program to prevent any "hangovers". I guess it would be OK with NOD32 because their coding seems a little more precise than most. I'm still gonna do it though to keep from getting in the habit.

Phil

5. puff-m-d

Hello all,

Beta 2, so far, seems to be a large improvement over beta 1. I have just finished giving it the once over, including a full system scan of 73,697 files in 15 minutes 20 seconds. The only problem so far that still exists in this version is found when scanning my java program files. I still get an enormous amount of CRC errors-file may be damaged when scanning these files. I have uninstalled java, done a thorough registry cleaning, and reinstalled, but the problem persists. I do not have this issue with the current release version. However the problem with the unpackers when doing a full system scan has been fixed.

Overall, IMHO, beta 2 is a big improvement over beta 1, but still with a few bugs to be fixed.

Regards,
    Kent

6. Fedorov999

Fedorov999 Registered Member

Damn Eset UK site I couldn't access tonight, but eventually find an English version of beta2 at:

http://www.nod32.com/ndntenstb2.exe

Would appreciate an official posting of Beta download links next time :)

Fedorov.

7. the Tester

the Tester Registered Member

Thanks for the "heads up' Phil.

I used the "update now" button and I got the beta2.

The install was smooth and the scanner worked fine.
    Is it me or does the scanner scan faster?I wish I would have kept notes on the number of files scanned and the time taken to scan with the other version.

I tried the "update now" button again and it worked.I got the message that I have the current version.

8. hayc59

hayc59 Guest

hello and the site you posted is for windows NT....?? can someone post a download for windows 98se?? thanks, just to let you know i removed the beta i had on my machine(nod32V2 beta 1 thinking it was a correct version)and am now with out?? thanks for any and all help.. o_O o_O

9. puff-m-d

10. hayc59

hayc59 Guest

thank you!!!
    :D :D :D :D

11. jan

jan Former Eset Moderator

Hi puff-m-d,

>The only problem so far that still exists in this version is found when scanning my java program files. I still get an enormous amount of CRC errors-file may be damaged when scanning these files.

I sent you a PM - we need more info from you.

Thanks, :D

jan

12. puff-m-d

jan,

info emailed this morning........

Regards,
    Kent

13. jan

Hi Kent,
    This has been already fixed - it should be OK in a couple of days - upcoming Beta3.

Thanks. :)

jan

14. puff-m-d

jan,

Thanks!!!!! Fantastic support as always!!!!!! :D

Regards,
    Kent

15. jan

>Thanks!!!!! Fantastic support as always!!!!!!

Thanks for that, Kent :) - we have still many things to fix. Keep your fingers crossed! :D

jan

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.