NOD Upgrade questions...

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by Carbonyl, Dec 16, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Carbonyl

Carbonyl Registered Member

Hello,

I have several questions regarding upgrading an existing version of NOD32. I'm currently running an older version of NOD v4 (I can't remember the exact version as of now, and am away from that machine), and am curious as to what I need to do to upgrade.

1) Is it acceptable to install a new version over an older version? Will this cause problems for me, or will I have to uninstall the older version first? If I have to uninstall, is there a way to preserve my settings?

2) Do newer versions of NOD provide increased protection, or are they simply compatibility fixes provided to resolve issues? I've not had any problems with NOD so far, so I'd like to ascribe to an 'If it's not broken, don't fix it' attitude - However, if there's a reduction in protection or scanning efficacy, obviously I would rather upgrade as soon as possible.

3) Are there any serious issues in the latest version of NOD that I ought to be aware of? I remember a while back there were numerous threads about web traffic being slowed to a crawl, and other conflicts, which some users decided to roll back to prevent. I'd rather not step on a landmine if I can avoid it.

Thanks for any advice!

2. SweX

SweX Registered Member

Hi Carbonyl!

1. Yes it is, if you are using some version within the version 4 range.
    Example, 4.0 , 4.1 , 4.2 then YES it's OK to install over the older one.
    And YES the settings will stay the same if you push the right buttons.

2. Surely there are some fixes and compatibility changes etc...the changes are usually posted in the
    release-notes. You find the latest change log here: https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=286785

3. Not that I am aware of;)

I upgraded my self to the latest version a week ago, and everything is running as smooth as before.

Cheers!

3. siljaline

siljaline Registered Member

1 -) It is probably better to export your settings and re-import them later in lieu of installing over top.

2 -) I generally always run the latest build

3 -) There are no current issues that cannot be tweaked out :thumb:

Take the leap and we'll be sure to take care of you

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.