NOD updates

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by Stem, Apr 23, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

I think this is a good idea.

Blackspear.

2. mantra

mantra Registered Member

hi
    my friend tried to update a trial version , but the program don't want to update!

why?

3. Edwin024

Edwin024 Registered Member

The paid for version did not update too. 180 was out, I had 179 and the updater told me that it was correct. When I chose to go for the server with only the IP number things went smoothly and 180 ws installed... Not good at all, that update server thing.

4. the_sly_dog

the_sly_dog Registered Member

trial version guys all stop moaning gees :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

eset are doing all they can to resolve the minor problem

if you dont like it then switch to another av software and moan on there forum please and tell them how u have issues with the way it works :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

i have heard that too that BLACKSPEAR IS USING DODGY NOD32 lol

atleast he owned up at last lmao

5. mantra

mantra Registered Member

now i'm looking to my nod , paid version , and it's blocked it doesn't want to update too :-(

hi man i paid for this av , why should i drop it o_O? :mad:

6. the_sly_dog

the_sly_dog Registered Member

mantra i never said you... i have paid version too,,

i just meant trial version or cracked versions people stop getting so stressed out about getting the update

Last edited: Jul 27, 2006
  7. mantra

mantra Registered Member

ahh
    sorry for misapprehension:blink: :D

8. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

The update servers have been operating normally for a couple of hours, paying users should get updates immediately.

9. Edwin024

It looks like a good point, but it isn't. If people try a software package and it doesn't do what it should do the company involved doesn't get a new client. I don't think that that is what eset wants, do you?

And as I already wrote: I had this problem too, with my paid for version, that is good until January 2008.

10. Smokey

Smokey Registered Member

Marcos,

why different update servers for paying and eval-users?
    At this time, it just don't make sense to meo_O

Txs in advance for the explanation!;)

11. pykko

pykko Registered Member

Wow...This is why I like ESET....they support even users having cracked versions. :D :D :eek: :rolleyes: :cool:
    Anyway, could I submitt some working cracks to ESET ? I"ve submitted once one and no reply. :(

12. alglove

alglove Registered Member

Or to put it another way, a user decides to install the trial version of NOD32 to see how he likes it. Problem is, he happens to install it at a time that the update servers are extremely busy, so he does not get an update until several days later. Is this going to make the trial user feel that he is getting "up-to-date" virus protection? Probably not.

As Marcos has said, large updates such as these only happen 3-4 times per year. The new update servers should be up and running by then, so hopefully this will not be a problem again. o_O

13. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

And hopefully cracked versions will be eliminated at that time which will give more resources to trial users :p

14. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Oh , I really hope so !:thumb: How do you plan to do it - something new into the servers or what ?
    When this happen , please give more info , I'll then have some more clients,criminals who now use cracked NOD32 but don't to pay for it and claim NOD32 is free software .When their cracks become useless , I hope they will pay for it :)

NOD32

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 28, 2006
  15. Brian N

Brian N Registered Member

I understand that trial users are supposed to try a fully functional product before purchasing it, because if something fails, they're most likely not going to to buy it (I wouldn't in most cases).

On the other hand, I do not want to get my updates later because some trial/crack users are sucking the life outta the servers - I do pay for the updates you know so I want first priority regardless of what people think.

So more servers or just dedicated trial servers is a good idea in my book.

16. JRCATES

JRCATES Registered Member

You'll be eating those words if some trial (or registered) user gets infected by something that the latest definition updates would have prevented!!!

Besides...let's be honest. TRIAL USERS are doing just that: Taking it on a TRIAL RUN!

If you were test driving a car.....and the car started having problems in the middle of your test drive, would you be really anxious to BUY that caro_O

Trial (and registered) users have a right to be upset. A little common courtesy (and sense)....PLEASE!!!

17. Edwin024

I fully agree with you. It's like having a test car and after 50 miles the left tires fall off. Hazardous and a reason not to buy that car ever. And I'm a licensed user until January 2008...

18. Brian N

Brian N Registered Member

--------------

Last edited: Jul 28, 2006
  19. PigBrother

PigBrother Registered Member

After 2 days without updates (I think as a registered user, it's a two month licence from a local Eset retailer) I've just received a bonus :D

http://img65.imageshack.us/my.php?image=bonusfs5.jpg

The update has been downloaded few minutes ago from u3.eset.com

20. guilijan

guilijan Registered Member

Wooow you have the antivirus of the future.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 28, 2006
  21. Littlemutt

Littlemutt Guest

At least AVK on their download page states: it contains no updates.

22. pykko

pykko Registered Member

:blink: :eek: :blink: That's even more interesting than I thought. ESET delievers dicriminating updates . :D :D I think those servers are really exhausted. You should give them a break. :p
    mm...this is not so funny...I"m trying to get the 1.1682 update and nothing. :(

23. RejZoR

RejZoR Lurker

I also can't get 1.1682 for like an hour. NOD32 keeps on insisting that i'm up to date even though i'm certanly not. Commercial registered version here... :rolleyes:

Same happened when i installed NOD32 from scratch. Security Center was screaming that NOD32 is out of date but NOD32 was insisting that everything is up to date. Right... After insane 5 clicks it finally updated.
    No such luck with this latest update...

24. Stem

Stem Firewall Expert

Marcos,
    I am still being mis-informed that "No update necessary" which as been the same since my original post on this matter, at which time you stated:
    As I had/have NOD server settings as "Choose automatically" you inferred that I must of "tampered with the registry entries", I have still not received any other direct reply from you on this.
    Now on the same thread that I started, you are stating:
    Are you now making an attempt to say that I am using a "cracked version" and that is why I am unable to update?

25. fred22

fred22 Registered Member

+1..its getting little annoying to... :thumbd:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.