Nod still losing http-settings

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by Jaska, Oct 26, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jaska

Jaska Registered Member

I had this problem with 2.12.2 and now 2.12.3: After restarting machine Nod has resetted all my http-compatability settings. All progroms all cleared and after restart added have "higher compatability" on although I had choosed "hig effiency" before. Must I save the settings somehow?

2. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

I am not having this problem on XP.

Are you using any other security programs that deal with the registry?

More info would be helpful.

3. snapdragin

snapdragin Registered Member

I was wondering if anyone else was seeing this recently. I just noticed it myself today when I checked IMON's compatibility setup. I had most items listed set for Higher Efficiency, but found the majority of them all re-set back to Higher Compatibility. I noticed it after I had turned my computer back on, but this is the first time it's happened.

XP-Home,
    NOD ver. 2.12.2

snap

4. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

Snap

Have you tried the newer version?

Changelog
    October 15, 2004 - Program components version 2.12.3

* IMON
    o fixed some minor problems
    o higher compatibility

5. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Just a shot in the dark - don't you have a registry cleaner installed?

6. fredra

fredra Registered Member

I have 2.12.3 and this happens also....after I change it to HE, if I hit default, it changes it back to HC. I was under the impression that 2.12.3 default was HE, but I could be wrong.
    I have changed it back to HE, but I have no clue why it reversed the settings.
    Cheers :)
    Sorry Marcos...after I typed and posted the above I saw your post.
    Yes to your question...I do have a registry cleaner...I will verify if that is the cause.
    Thanks for your input, I will get back to you on that.
    Cheers (again) :D

7. snapdragin

Hi Marcos,

No, haven't used any registry cleaners yet on my XP (ok guys, don't laugh...but I dont install and uninstall very much)

ronjor, it was on my to-do list to update to 2.12.3 but didn't want to do it at the moment.

The only other security apps I have running and set to start up with the computer along with NOD, is TrojanHunter Guard, Sygate Firewall (ver. 5, build 2525 which I've had for quite some time now) and FileChecker.

Do you need any other information? I thought I'd shut down and restart the pc to see if the settings change again or not.

snap

8. snapdragin

Nope, turning the pc off, waiting for a bit, then turning it back on again didn't change any settings.

Maybe I'll go visit some of those huge picture sites, and then check the settings afterwards and see if they reset again. :) Oh, I use Opera 7.54, not IE6.

snap

9. Jaska

Jaska Registered Member

The problem is not related to regcleaners I think. It would be nice to know where Nod saves these settings and follow what is happening there. Is it somewhere in the registry or an ini-file?

It was nice to know I am not the only one who is surfering from this.

10. fredra

fredra Registered Member

To Marcos
    After running the Registry Cleaner....IMON was not changed...rebooted...IMON still set for HE...ran Quicktime, and that one I expected to change to HC, and it did.
    However, when I hit "default" it all went back to HC.
    Why is the "default" now back to HC?

11. snapdragin

I think I found it.

I checked the settings again and they were as I had them, then I hit the Cancel button rather than the OK button, and out of 15 items, 14 of them returned to Higher Compatibility.

12. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

Jaska

The settings are stored in the registry. Marcos has stated it is not the best way to deal with these settings however. An uninstall and reinstall is recommended.

Since http scanning is rather involved, I would personally expect some bugs for awhile. That said, we didn't have http scanning before and I felt comfortable using NOD32. I still feel that way.

13. fredra

fredra Registered Member

Hi ronjor
    So do I feel comfortable.
    My question is why the "default" is re-setting the HTTP settings to HC, instead of HC?
    I had installed 2.12.3 over the previous version 2.12.2, could that be the causal effect on the "default"?
    If that is the case, then I would have to uninstall and re-install the new version.so that "default" is HE and not HC.

14. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

fredra

The default is still higher compatibility in 2.12.3. You still have to change the settings to higher efficiency.
    Version 2.12.3 is mostly bug fixes, etc.

15. fredra

fredra Registered Member

I was incorrect in thinking that 2.12.3 had HE as the default..I sit corrected.
    Thanks.

16. jayt

jayt Registered Member

Hey, I am having this problem also. After reading the post I checked and all the HE setting that I had had all gone back to HC. I had reset the mode to HC for ewido last week when it would not update other wise, but today when I check, everything is HC.

17. fredra

fredra Registered Member

Hi jayt
    Have you tried what snapdragin did?...maybe that will help.

18. fosius

fosius Registered Member

I have the similar problem, but NOT after each restart of PC. Sometimes, a few times a week it happens. It is very strange. I have NOD32 2.12.3 Slovak version.

19. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

I set everything to Higher Efficiency when I installed v2.12.3

I had to change Ewido to Higher Compatibility in order for it to be able to update, the Mozilla applications changed automatically to Higher Compatibility

All settings have held, if I try to return everything except Ewido to Higher Efficiency, the Mozilla applications revert back to Higher Compatibility on reboot of the machine, as per screenshot...

Cheers :D

Attached Files:

• HC.gif
      HC.gif
      File size:
      25.6 KB
      Views:
  20. fosius

fosius Registered Member

I don't know why but sometimes it happens.. NOD32 could recognize which applications cannot be set to High Effecience, couldn't it?

21. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

Indeed I would suggest this is correct, due to the problems found with certain applications...

Cheers :D

22. fosius

fosius Registered Member

it is a good idea.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.