NOD runs great on smaller hardware too !!

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by NOD32 user, Mar 13, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NOD32 user

NOD32 user Registered Member

I'm presently trialing NOD on a P266 Notebook with 64MB RAM. I've got NOD tweaked to the max - scan all files, advanced heuristics the works and it works great!! No objectionable slowdowns, just a stable and high performing AV.
    Now, my question is this - Is there a way I could cross grade from a single to a three user license?

2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

We tested it here on 486 with 8 MB of RAM and didn't notice any signifficant slowdown either.

3. quexx88

quexx88 Registered Member

Wow...how do you guys do thato_O

You would think that a gigantic megacorporation with nearly bottomless pockets like Symantec would be able to code a program as light, stable and effective as NOD32, but I guess this just goes to show that sometime's it's best to root for the underdog :D

4. Gauthreau

Gauthreau Guest

NOD is always my suggestion when we are talking about an older machine. I've recently turned a friend on to it for his PII 700. Norton was really dragging him down.

Neil

5. webyourbusiness

webyourbusiness Registered Member

I also have it on a PII - a 500mhz machine that I keep as a fileserver - it has a ton of disk and just holds CD images, clipart collections etc - but NOD32 runs like a dream on it... Norton simply floored the machine!

6. Buzkashi player

Buzkashi player Registered Member

I thought my K6-2 at 450 was slow, but you guys surpassed me. I run windows 2000 and nod works perfect, not even f-prot was this light. People with 1+ ghz machines that say nod slows down their pc either have too much trash running in the background or are the paranoic type who runs all kind of real time scanning programs at the same time, it obviously drags a lot of cpu cycles and hd activity.

Norton? as well as Mcaffee, Bitdefender, F-secure, KAV and many others made my pc work so much it seemed the cpu was going to melt down. Please NOD, do never surrender to the powers of the Bloat Side.

7. mrtwolman

mrtwolman Eset Staff Account

Upcomming Star Wars Episode is reported to be very dark.... Hope it will have not too much influence on ESET's developers :D

8. NOD32 user

Fortunately its just a movie. Luke and the Princess are just characters, not real people.

9. JimIT

JimIT Registered Member

We're about to test it on a 486 w/8MB and Windows95 as well. :D

10. mrtwolman

mrtwolman Eset Staff Account

Lemme know the result....

11. NOD32 user

Windows 95 - I wonder if a micro install of linux would go much quicker?

Last edited: Mar 17, 2005
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.