NOD not detecting Eicar at Panda's site.

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by flyrfan111, Sep 4, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. flyrfan111

flyrfan111 Registered Member

My NOD isn't detecting the eicar file at Panda's test site. I think it might a misconfiguration on their site because when I try the download version it says the page can't be found, but the test for the file embedded in a webpage is undetected by my settings at least, can anybody else try and see if it is the page or my settings? The link is here http://www.pandasoftware.com/virus_info/work/

2. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

what browser are you useing. the test only works with IE 4.0 or later at the panda site. I am useing opera and it won't work for me either.

Attached Files:

3. bigc73542

you can go here and click on security info on the black stripe and when that opens click on test files on the left hand side of page and try the top test file first. It will work with any browser

4. flyrfan111

Sorry, using IE 6 with all latest patches.

5. flyrfan111

On Trendmicro's NOD detects it just not Panda's.

6. bigc73542

I am useing Kav and it doesn't work at Pandas site either. The test at their site might not be working

7. bigc73542

I just tried the test at Panda with my IE6 and it still won't work there. so it looks as if your Nod is working just fine since it detected the test at TM's site.

8. flyrfan111

Possibly related to this issue it seems that Panda's site is classified as a Security Risk by LinkSys's web filtering. No other AV site I tried is blocked including KAV,Eset, Symantec, McAfee and AVG, anybody know what service Linksys uses? Or is it a proprietery one? Why would they say is a risk? The description of websites in that category is rather disturbing for an AV copmany to have their own website categorized as such. It describes Security Risk sites as the following;

Security Risks
    This category covers a wide range of sites that allow the downloading and installation of software that could grant others the use of your computer or otherwise let them gain information about your activities without your knowledge and consent. They may be benign, like the SETI distributed computing program, or a remote help tool, or quite malicious. Also includes sites that provide repositories of downloadable shareware and freeware, much of which is of unknown origin and quality.

Any ideas why Panda get this category?

9. bigc73542

I don't believe that panda has a malicious site at all, It is something about the way they have theis test files set up I would imagine. Panda does a few things a little out of the ordinary. Well since i don't run nod and don't have a lot more to contribute to the thread I will bow out, at least you know that Nod is doing it's job ;)

10. Brian N

Brian N Registered Member

11. flyrfan111

No Brian NOD detects the files on the Eicar site also, Panda is the only site I am having problems with. not sure if it is the Linksys filtering or something goofy Panda does with their site.

12. whistl3r

whistl3r Registered Member

If the virus scanner detects it on the Eicar site you are fine.

Panda's site has often been known for it's lack of correct information. More or less the file was removed or the script they say that will generate the file is missing or broken.

13. hadi

hadi Guest

I'm using IE and can confirm that NOD detects nothing on panda's test site

14. Brian N

Brian N Registered Member

Trying to download the file gives me a 404 (the Panda way) which is probably why NOD detects nothing ;)

15. jlo

jlo Registered Member

Hi All,

I run a Nod licence on my laptop but tried the above site with my desktop which runs KAV and there was no detection so guessing there is a fault at the panda site?

Cheers

Jlo

16. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

i tried te first test and it didnt work; tried the second and got a page that said "An error has occurred at www.pandasoftware.com"...along with some info on contacting panda or using teh site map.

17. whistl3r

whistl3r Registered Member

That is what we are saying.... Panda's site is not updated with the information that they state will display. Panda is not a very reliable. ;)

18. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

i know, i just wanted to see for myself, also when i decided to check this i noticed teh panda site had a new look.

19. flyrfan111

Thanks to all who helped, Glad to know it isn't my settings or system. Thanks everybody!!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.