Nod latest version Headache

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by shazadh, Mar 20, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shazadh

shazadh Registered Member

Just updated to latest nod version 4, last nite everything went ok, then my internet kept cutting off so I was unable to connect to the internet couldnt work out why. So I phoned my internet service provider thinking it was from they're end, but no. So I unintalled nod and my internet connected again. Now im on the internet without any security as i only purchased the software in jan. Can anyone help plzzzzzzzz :mad:

2. GrammatonCleric

GrammatonCleric Registered Member

Nope, no real help. Welcome to the Club. (Let's hope there will be patch soon)

~Off topic comments removed.~

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 20, 2009
  3. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

Let's respect this forum and not make unhelpful comments.

4. PRJUS

PRJUS Guest

Hi!

Unless they have changed the licensing you are allowed to run any version of NOD32 you would like so download 3.0.684 which is rock solid.

5. benneyb

benneyb Registered Member

I just logged into the site here after purchasing a 2yr full license to NOD AV, and am pretty unhappy to see all the issue posts.

Some newbie questions:

1) Are the issues with the AV software, or the full security suites in Version 4?

2) I have the trial version of Antivirus V3 installed, with 3 days left. I purchased a 2 user, 2 yr license to V4 based on the good results with the trial version, and some positive posts on V4 elsewhere. What would you experts recommend I do?

3) If you recommend going with V4 of the antivirus, can I install that over my trial V3, or do I need to uninstall it?

4) If you recommend staying with V3, can you please provide a download link, or does the standard purchase link as part of the upgrade process give you the option of which version to choose?

Many thanks in advance for answers.

6. BeanCounter

BeanCounter Registered Member

I have had version 4 running on two of my PCs for the past week and have not yet come across any issues.

7. GrammatonCleric

GrammatonCleric Registered Member

Some newbie questions:

1) Are the issues with the AV software, or the full security suites in Version 4?

BOTH for VERSION 4, whatever ails V4 it ails at the ground AV level, prob the proxy and the AH config.

2) I have the trial version of Antivirus V3 installed, with 3 days left. I purchased a 2 user, 2 yr license to V4 based on the good results with the trial version, and some positive posts on V4 elsewhere. What would you experts recommend I do?

Since ESET lic is version agnostic, I would recommend you stay with V3 untill V4 gets patched (hopefully soon)... You will save yourself some trouble with install cleanups etc.

3) If you recommend going with V4 of the antivirus, can I install that over my trial V3, or do I need to uninstall it?

Highly recommend it you uninstall V3 before V4, since why compound errors on allready flaky V4 release?

4) If you recommend staying with V3, can you please provide a download link, or does the standard purchase link as part of the upgrade process give you the option of which version to choose?

Download link is the same on ESET page, all versions are there. So just visit eset site:
    http://www.eset.com/download/registered_software.php

In my own honest opinion, the lightest and most responsive ESET version is 2.7, and according to the mods, the AH an AV modules have not changed in detection, what it changed is the cleanup, V3 and onward has better system cleanup probability....however do you really want to trust a cleanup done by an Antivirus that let in the infection in the first place? My philosophy is: If an AV let the pest in then I can't trust it to kill the pest, I have to relay on other utilities to do the job meanwhile the original AV can act as a backup in that case.

8. benneyb

GC - many thanks, that is very helpful info.

If I get V3 now, will I have to pay additional $$$ to get V4 later when it is stable?

9. pegr

pegr Registered Member

No. As already stated by PRJUS, your NOD32 subscription allows you to download and run any version of NOD32, i.e. v2.7, v3, or v4.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2009
  10. benneyb

PEGR, since you feel compelled to reply to each of my two posts, in different threads yes, you should do so accurately. The post above you reference did NOT answer my direct question about "upgrading" from one version to another, only the freedom to download any version.

Why are there so many people like you on the Internet?? :rolleyes:

11. miki69

miki69 Registered Member

actually it did. There is no such thing as an "upgrade", you can use ANY version of ESS or NOD32 with your username/password (until it expires, of course). That's the charm, if one gives you headache, try another one.

Cheers,
    Miki

12. GAN

GAN Registered Member

When someone says "allows you to download and run any version of NOD32" that answer the question perfectly. Which mean's you can use any version of nod32 as long as you have a valid license, but this thread is actually about shazadh's question (the first post) and not your questions. If you have your own questions it's a better idea to start your own thread instead of hijacking another thread.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.